Upset picks | The Boneyard

Upset picks

Reaction Score
I find it odd how many writers are picking us for an upset. 5 of 6 USA Today writers chose us for an upset. I feel like if anything this year we have dominated the teams we are supposed to and had some grind it out games against tough teams who can match us physically. I watched a nmsu game yesterday and their athletes don't seem overwhelming (small sample size). Their star guard does hit some crazy shots but isn't super athletic (I watched his 41 point game for reference). He kinda reminds me of Rhodes with better driving ability.
We definitely have scoring droughts but I feel like our consistent effort and defense make us relatively upset proof compared to others. Who knows .

Reaction Score
I wouldn't worry much about 5 guys who probably haven't watched 1 UConn hoops game all year pick us to get upset...Aside from the Rothstein and Fanta type guys, these writers probably watch 2-3 top 10 team games a week and that's it . Doubt they could even name 4 players on our team

Reaction Score
Solid points- I explicitly remember them picking against us after every win in 2014. Granted St Joes wasn't a dominating start to that run lol

Reaction Score
The way an old time coach would prepare for any team . Is convince them our opponents are a vintage Wooden UCLA team.
However if we do A. B C we will beat
them. The prognosticators help play into the narrative.
If you listened to pre game pressers in 2014 . The questions seems like they were lambs going to slaughter.. That team was probably the angriest team ever , Primarily at the NCAA ,but also the disrespect from the press help feed that anger. No one is harder to beat than good players on a mission.

Reaction Score
There's always a 12/5 upset, and we were an upset last year. It's not a bad call to make if you're just looking at the team on paper.

Reaction Score
They just have to pick a 5/12 upset, it's what everyone wants to see... "What will the 5/12 upset be this year!?" I don't think there is an obvious pick this year for that upset. It is what it is, and most of these writers probably know little to nothing about either team.

Reaction Score
There's always a 12/5 upset, and we were an upset last year. It's not a bad call to make if you're just looking at the team on paper.
Since 1985 the record is 93-51

There’s been five 12/5 upsets since 2017 and 3 of those upsets happened in 2019 with Auburn being the only one to escape surviving a missed shot at the buzzer to beat New Mexico st 78-77

There’s not always a 12/5 upset but it’s a sexy storyline

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I find it odd how many writers are picking us for an upset. 5 of 6 USA Today writers chose us for an upset. I feel like if anything this year we have dominated the teams we are supposed to and had some grind it out games against tough teams who can match us physically. I watched a nmsu game yesterday and their athletes don't seem overwhelming (small sample size). Their star guard does hit some crazy shots but isn't super athletic (I watched his 41 point game for reference). He kinda reminds me of Rhodes with better driving ability.
We definitely have scoring droughts but I feel like our consistent effort and defense make us relatively upset proof compared to others. Who knows .
Good mojo

Reaction Score
Not an really an upset in my opinion but I can see 11 seed Rutgers finally winning a game then take down 6 seed Alabama.

8 UNC or 9 Marquette could beat Baylor if they play well.

10 seed Davidson can make noise again if they get past MSU and play Puke.

Reaction Score
I remember when UConn played Chattanooga in the 1995 tournament, the guy announcing foul calls and such sounded like he was going to fall asleep. He sounded particularly tired whenever he would say, "number 44, John Oliver."

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
Actually in the bracketology show all the talking heads had no 5-12 upsets this year. They did like all the 11s to upset the 6's which was interesting.
Also why does Rece Davis call us the "Conn"? It always sounds stupid and he's been doing it as long as I can remember.

Reaction Score
I took UCONN as my day 1 survivor pool pick. I did well last year, so a W is in the bag.

Reaction Score
I want Vermont to knock off Arkansas just so Mussleman can whine more:

He’s not wrong.

My first worry when i saw the region was Arkansas playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are the highest seed there and potentially have to play two Northeast teams in New York.

Reaction Score
He’s not wrong.

My first worry when i saw the region was Arkansas playing with a chip on their shoulder. They are the highest seed there and potentially have to play two Northeast teams in New York.
Musselman a very good coach too

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom