Upon Further Review: We're in Great Shape! | The Boneyard

Upon Further Review: We're in Great Shape!

Reaction Score
I think things are lining up pretty well for our Huskies.

1. First and foremost, Azzi and Caroline are back. Azzi seemingly without restriction, though Caroline still seems a bit impacted by neck/head stuff. Having the two of them back not only spaces the floor with more outside shooting, but also allows the other players to be more aggressive (not worrying quite so much about fouling) and to play harder, knowing they will get some rest.

2. More than a week off since our last game. This allows for a bit of rest, and then typical UConn practices (hard!) to get ready for the Big Dance. Also allows healing from any nagging physical problems.

3. First two games in Storrs to shake off any rust from the layoff. Yes, playing in Storrs was always a given, but still, "there's no place like home."

4. No chance of meeting SC until the championship game.

5. We have a nice draw. Had we gotten the final #1 seed or the first #2, we would have been in SC's side of the draw. Being the second #2 seed is perfect. VT is a good team, but they have little tournament experience, while our gals have lots. Also, they are not overly physical, especially their big, Kitley. Beyond that, while anything can happen in any game, I'm not particularly scared of #7 Baylor or #3 Ohio St (Azzi and Caroline's return should help us with handling their press... fingers crossed!)

6. No "home cooking" in our regional. The closest school to Seattle among the top 8 seeds is USC, and that's still 1000 miles away. For now, they are still in the Pac 12, so I imagine some local fans will root for their conference. Still, I don't expect USC to be much of a factor. The rest of the schools are all much farther away, like us! We should have some local support from Sue and Stewie fans. :)

All in all, I feel very good about our chances.... nervously excited! What say you?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
All in all, I feel very good about our chances.... nervously excited! What say you?
Star Wars Doom GIF

PvP

Reaction Score
Frankly, I couldn't have drawn up a better seed, all things considered. That includes the FF, where we are looking at either Stanford or Iowa, both of whom I feel good about and then either SC or Indiana who is a mystery. As we played SC to a near upset without Azzi or Caroline, I have to be confident there especially if Aubrey is fully healthy.

Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
Have we heard anything about Aubrey's back? Will she be full go for practice this week?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

1. First and foremost, Azzi and Caroline are back. Azzi seemingly without restriction, though Caroline still seems a bit impacted by neck/head stuff. Having the two of them back not only spaces the floor with more outside shooting, but also allows the other players to be more aggressive (not worrying quite so much about fouling) and to play harder, knowing they will get some rest.

2. More than a week off since our last game. This allows for a bit of rest, and then typical UConn practices (hard!) to get ready for the Big Dance. Also allows healing from any nagging physical problems.

3. First two games in Storrs to shake off any rust from the layoff. Yes, playing in Storrs was always a given, but still, "there's no place like home."

5. We have a nice draw. Had we gotten the final #1 seed or the first #2, we would have been in SC's side of the draw. Being the second #2 seed is perfect. VT is a good team, but they have little tournament experience, while our gals have lots. Also, they are not overly physical, especially their big, Kitley. Beyond that, while anything can happen in any game, I'm not particularly scared of #7 Baylor or #3 Ohio St (Azzi and Caroline's return should help us with handling their press... fingers crossed!)

6. No "home cooking" in our regional. The closest school to Seattle among the top 8 seeds is USC, and that's still 1000 miles away. For now, they are still in the Pac 12, so I imagine some local fans will root for their conference. Still, I don't expect USC to be much of a factor. The rest of the schools are all much farther away, like us! We should have some local support from Sue and Stewie fans. :)

You @CTtoSanDiego should do more of this. Like for every game! Super post.

Reaction Score

I watched Vermont in their conference final. They were pretty lame. Poor on the foul line. . And win total was in the 30s, I think. But they will be game and it will br a good warm up. I also saw two interviews ( Azzi and then Caroline ). Azzi seemed in a good place and Caroline seemed still bothered with head issues. Another week of rest will help. But I don't look to Caroline for much help. I just don't think she can get back to a 100% healthy player this season. She will still give better minutes than the end of the bench, but she wont be a lead scorer. We will mostly play 6 in the biggest games ( assuming Aubrey is 100%). It never ends, does it? If I am reading the draw correctly, we will have to go through Stanford, again, if we hope to face SC in final. I know little about Va, Tech, but they are at the top of our draw for a reason. Should be fun. This is what we wait all year for. Win or go home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom