Updates on G. Davis going to locker room/missing series, Wain injury and Obi injury (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Updates on G. Davis going to locker room/missing series, Wain injury and Obi injury (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/uconn-continues-to-make-things.html

>>UConn lost starting safety Obi Melifonwu to an upper body injury in the second quarter as he attempted to make a tackle. He immediately came off the field with his shoulder slumped.

"I'd say it is not insignificant," Diaco said. "I would say that he is probably going to be classified as injured. I just don't know if it is going to be day to day or it is going to persist."

UConn played without punter Justin Wain, who suffered a lower-leg injury in Thursday's practice.

Geremy Davis, who led UConn with eight catches for 80 yards, left the game but Diaco said is was merely an issue with dehydration and he could have returned to the game. <<

Edit: How many posts before Carl pontificates about tackling form? :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Our pass D went downhill quickly with Obi out. Marder did not do well in his spot.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
To make things worse, Ellis Marder had to be helped off the field in garbage time and it looks like a knee deal. Sucks because I thought he'd be a good sub for Obi.

Reaction Score
Yep, heard that on the radio, Wilbert Lee your time has come, go get em!

Reaction Score
Our pass D went downhill quickly with Obi out. Marder did not do well in his spot.

He ended up getting injured as well. There you lose a good special teamer and the back up to Obi. For those calling for W. Lee we may see more of him moving forward if Obi and Marder can't go.

Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/uconn-continues-to-make-things.html

>>UConn lost starting safety Obi Melifonwu to an upper body injury in the second quarter as he attempted to make a tackle. He immediately came off the field with his shoulder slumped.

"I'd say it is not insignificant," Diaco said. "I would say that he is probably going to be classified as injured. I just don't know if it is going to be day to day or it is going to persist."

UConn played without punter Justin Wain, who suffered a lower-leg injury in Thursday's practice.

Geremy Davis, who led UConn with eight catches for 80 yards, left the game but Diaco said is was merely an issue with dehydration and he could have returned to the game. <<

Edit: How many posts before Carl pontificates about tackling form? :p

In fairness to Carl, one has to wonder if Stewart knows that he is allowed to use his arms and wrap when he tries to hib people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom