Updates on Diarra, Larrier, Gilbert | The Boneyard

Updates on Diarra, Larrier, Gilbert

Reaction Score
Diarra: "I started practicing last week," Diarra said. "Not fully, just a couple of drills. We've definitely made the progress we hoped to make, we're just taking it easy and slow because we know we've got a lot of time ahead of us."

Diarra, 6-foot-8 power forward, began feeling pain in his left knee as the season approached, playing 10 minutes the first exhibition game. He has patellofemoral syndrome, a wearing or thinning of the cartilage.

"I've definitely gotten a lot stronger, lifting every day pretty much," Diarra said. "Now, we're starting to throw basketball back into it. My body actually feels better than it did before."

Larrier: Larrier, 6-8 swingman, was averaging 13.5 points per game. After transferring from Virginia Commonwealth, he had to sit out the 2015-16 season.

"The rehab is going really well," Larrier said. "I'm making some good strides — I'm actually ahead of where I'm supposed to be. Right now, it's just strengthening my quad, all the muscles around my knee. Work in the pool. I'm going to start running on the treadmill soon, in the next couple of weeks."

Gilbert: Gilbert, a 6-foot point guard, averaging 10.3 points, dislocated the left shoulder in high school, and again in April, after which he had surgery. UConn doctors believe the collision in the game at Loyola Marymount could have resulted in a dislocation regardless of prior history. He tore the labrum and, though at first he wanted to try to play with the injury, was convinced surgery was the best course.

"I'm making great progress," Gilbert said. "I'm building up strength, the muscles are starting to work together again, and I'm feeling a lot more comfortable. … Just strengthening the muscle around my left shoulder, and my whole left arm, trying to get back the range of motion."

UConn Injury Updates: Larrier, Gilbert, Diarra All Making Strides

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This makes me feel better about Diarra - his prognosis didn't seem very good at first glance, and news on it got lost in the other injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom