Updated WNBA Mock Draft - Includes Z | The Boneyard

Updated WNBA Mock Draft - Includes Z

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Azure #2, MR #17. Seems a bit strange? But if the case, can see why she left. Probably would not go that high next year if Kalani Brown and McGowan were in the draft.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
She would also be drafted after Samuelson and possibly Napheesa. Can't teach Size so she might go ahead of the talented guards that will also be available in next years draft.

Azure #2, MR #17. Seems a bit strange? But if the case, can see why she left. Probably would not go that high next year if Kalani Brown and McGowan were in the draft.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Since every mock draft seems to be putting Azura as #2 which is the Indiana pick, I thought it is interesting to see the Indiana Fever writeup about the upcoming draft.

Interesting, it is written today but prior to Azura's announcement but their need for a post is very big. Only 2nd year pro Jennifer Hamson is on the roster.

Fever Draft Primer: The Clock is Ticking - Indiana Fever

Interesting excerpts.

Not a single draft projection I have seen since last fall lists a different 1-2. EVERY projection I have seen has South Carolina center A’ja Wilson going with the top pick and dynamic Ohio State point guard Kelsey Mitchell going with the second pick. In November, Indiana earned the second pick by way of the WNBA Draft Lottery and, at the time, was in dire need of help in the post.

Every year, there are draft names that pop up from countries outside of the United States. In contrast to DeShields, an American who currently plays in Turkey, there are two foreign-born post players that could have an impact in the draft. Maria Vadeeva is a 6-4 Russian center who averages 12 points and 7 rebounds for Dynamo Kursk in the Russian League. She is a young, emerging star in Russia’s national program who is WNBA draft-eligible for the first time. Another is 6-5 German-born, Oregon State center Marie Gulich who led OSU deep in the NCAA Tournament with 17.5 points per game.

Reaction Score
Puts a finer point on the fact that UCONN failed to reach, let alone win, the ‘ship with three of the top 10 prospects in the WNBA draft.

Either the players underachieved, their coaches squandered riches, or a bit of both.

I wish all three the very best but it prompts thoughts, yet again, of “what might have been.”

Reaction Score
Z is not Wnba ready. Post player doesn't have the strength, wing like she played on Duke her outside shot has abandonded her. It's not how high you go in the draft but getting picked by the right team that can utilize your skill set.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
This is an incredibly deep draft. I'm no expect, but I can see most of the 1st and 2nd rounders becoming solid pros.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Azura is big, but is she “a big”?

She preferred to play on the perimeter at Duke. She was a good scorer, but by her own admission, didn’t play much defense. Geno partly converted her. She has flaws both inside and outside. If a team truly needs a post, Gulich may be better.

Rebecca tweeted that Z could go in the top 5. I think 2 is possible, as is 5-7.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
3 UConn players in the top 10? I'll take it. Keep in mind that Nat Butler likely gets a look late 2nd, early 3rd.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom