Updated Top States of ALL College AA's | The Boneyard

Updated Top States of ALL College AA's

Reaction Score
Some expressed interest in my listing of all the College AP AA's from 95-17 by player's home state. It included 201 US players. Never did I expect to go any further but I did. Mainly this was just an educational project for myself as I have not been following women's bb for that long. Even the brief snippets I learned about players was very helpful to me.

Anyway since I went back to now include all the AA's, I figured I would share the entire list for anyone interested. There are no new findings from my other list but just more names to add to the different states. I apologize for the way I am doing it by presenting some of it and now adding to it.

WHERE IS A PLAYER LISTED FROM? Usually a player is just listed as where their last high school was before going to college. Sometimes they may live in a bordering state. I basically had no set rule but just used whatever information I had available. For instance Angel Mccoughtry was raised in MD and went to hs in MD but finished at a Prep School in NC. I included her in MD. Shelley Pennefather (Villanova) starred for 3 years in CO and then spent her final year in NY. However I decided to include her in CO. Reason: Just because :confused:! There may be others and any additional information about any of the players is appreciated.

ACCURACY: I felt my research from 95-17 was around 99.5%. However I can not make that claim for the 75-95 seasons (actually I can but I would be lying)! The farther back I went, the harder it was to easily identify the states. So due to share exhaustion I did take the liberty of accepting someone as "born and raised" in a state as being from that state! If anyone finds any errors please bring them forward. As an example Debbie Oing from Indiana U. I have listed from IL, though I'm probably 50% sure on that one.

Finally who the list now entails are ALL WBCA AA's from it's inception in 1975 to the present AND all the AP AA's from their inception in 1995 to the present. Note I've only included the WBCA AA's from the highest division of each year. For instance from 75-82 they only listed one team. In 83 they listed 2 teams but I only included the "University Division", which was equivalent to Division 1. From 84-on I only include the Division 1 team. Being that the AP lists 15 players a year and the WBCA only 10, there are slightly more players represented in the most recent 20 years as opposed to the previous time frame. My earlier post covering 95-17 included 201 US players. The total now includes all 336 AA's who played HS ball in the USA. There were 19 who didn't but stupidly I lost the names and there's no way I'm going back and trying to find them!

SURPRISES: A few things surprised me. Kentucky only having 3. I always assumed KY was a top state for men's and women's basketball. I thought NY would have more. They certainly have as many top level ones but I thought they would be higher. Surprised at Mississippi having the 4th most with 16! While I thought CAL and TEX would top the list I was very surprised that TEX has 41 to CAL's 26!

I apologize but I will start listing them by the states with the largest to the fewest. Except I will save TX and CA for the end (psychologically it seems better to get 20 states done first rather than 5 states that have too many AA's on them Head bang )

Reaction Score
I will also list the new additions for each state first, seeing that the other names have already been seen.

IL (17) Charlotte Lewis, Debbie Oing, Toni Foster, Donna Holt, Janet Harris, Nora Lewis, Pam Gant, Candace Parker, Jewel Loyd, Cappie Pondexter, Kim Williams, Dominique Canty, Alisa Burras, Ashley Berggren, Khara Smith, Tricia Liston and Morgan Tuck.
MS (16) Lusia Harris, Jennifer Gillom, Debbie Brock, Chana Perry, Janice Felder, Carolyn Jones, Janice Lawrence, Rita Easterling, Niesa Johnson, Cornelia Gayden, Murriel Page, Tamika Whitmore, LaToya Thomas, Tan White, Armintie Price and Victoria Vivians.
PA (15) Dawn Staley, Suzie McConnell, Marilyn Stephens, Marianne Crawford, June Olkowski, Yolanda Laney, Kayla McBride, Alyssa Thomas, Kelly Mazzanti, Maggie Lucas, Tanisha Wright, Tina Nicholson, Angie Potthoff, Swin Cash and Shatori Walker-Kim.
GA (15) Teresa Edwards, Pearl Worrell, Barbara Kennedy, Courtney Williams, Susan Taylor, Sheila Collins, Patricia Roberts, Cindy Brogdon, Carol Chason, Maya Moore, DeLisha Milton, Lexie Brown, Amber Holt, Tasha Humphrey and Jocelyn Penn.
OH (14) Wanda Ford, Joy Holmes, Tracey Hall, Cindy Noble, Frani Washington, Kelsey Mitchell, Jantel Lavender, Jessica Davenport, Katie Smith, Semeka Randall, Helen Darling, Georgia Schweltzer, Alison Bales and Alexis Peterson.
NY (14) Nancy Lieberman, Sue Wicks, Tammi Reiss, Anucha Browne, Althea Gwyn, Sue Bird, Tina Charles, Breanna Stewart, Chamique Holdsclaw, Bria Hartley, Stefanie Dolson, Samantha Prahalis, Shenise Johnson and Epiphanny Prince.
FL (14) Bridgette Gordon, Tina Gunn, Frances Savage, Sylvia Fowles, Sandora Irvin, Tracy Reid, Grace Daley, Marie Ferdinand, Vanessa Hayden, Candice Dupree, Erlana Larkins, Shavonte Zellous, Riquana Williams and Tiffany Hayes.
NC (13) Pam Leake, Susan Yow, Tonya Sampson, Andrea Stinson, Deanna Tate, Chastity Melvin, Trisa Brown, Genia Beasley, Tiffany Mitchell, Shea Ralph, Wendy Palmer, Charlotte Smith and Chante Black.
TN (12) Holly Warlick, Glory Johnson, Jennifer Azzi, Priscilla Gary, Venus Lacy, Carolyn Bush, Jerilynn Harper, Nina Davis, Nikki McCray, Alysha Clark, Victoria Dunlap and Latasha Byears.
NJ (12) Carol Blazejowski, Anne Donovan, Mary Scharff, Valerie Still, Pat Colasardo, Dale Hodges, Valerie Walker, Kris Kirchner, Ashja Jones, Crystal Langhorne, Nyree Roberts and Tamecka Dixon.
LA (12) Dana Chatman, Becky Jackson, Angela Turner, Pam Kelly, Seimone Augustus, Alana Beard, Sophia Young, Chrissy Givens, Tameka Johnson, Amanda Wilson, Vickie Johnson and Sheri Sam.
IN (11) LaTaunya Pollard, Machelle Joseph, Skyler Diggins, Katie Douglas, Ruth Riley, Stephanie White, Shyra Ely, Jacqueline Batteast, Katie Geralds, Amber Harris and Ta'Shia Phillips.
MI (9) Pam McGee, Paula McGee, Dena Head, Nikita Lowry, Stacey Lovelace, Franthea Price, Daedra Charles, Michelle VanCorp and Aeriel Powers.
VA (8) Tajama Abraham, Medina Dixon, Elizabeth Williams, Monica Wright, Kristi Toliver, Jasmine Thomas, La'Keshia Frett and Kara Lawson.
SC (7) Allison Feaster, Katrina McClain, Jessica Barr, A'Ja Wilson, Ivory Latta, Shannon Johnson and Sandia Roundtree.
WA (7) Joyce Walker, Courtney Vandersloot, Jamie Weisner, Katie Starbird, Chantelle Anderson, Sheila Lambert and Leilani Mitchell.

More to follow...

Reaction Score
MD (6) Rosemary Koslorek, Angel Mccoughtry, Monique Currie, Brionna Jones, Lindsay Allen and Dana Johnson.
IA (5) Susie Kudma, Brenda Moeller, Karen Jennings, Shelly Sheetz and Stacy Frese.
MO (5) Napheesa Collier, Danielle Adams, Niele Ivey, Betty Lennox and Kristin Folkl.
AL (4) Vickie Orr, Lauretta Freeman, DeWanna Bonner and Deanna Jackson.
KS (4) Lynette Woodard, Jackie Stiles, Nicole Ohlde and Kenfra Walker.
MA (4) Michelle Edwards, Sue Rojcewicz, Rebecca Lobo and Kara Wolters.
MN (4) Carol Ann Shudlick, Rachel Banham, Lindsay Whalen and Kelly Miller.
WV (4) Vickie Bullett, Mary Ostrowski, Susan Robinson and Renee Montgomery.
WI (4) Sonja Henning, Janel McCarville, Samantha Logic and Julie Wojta.
AZ (3) Nicole Powell, Chantel Osahor and Sidney Wiese.
ARK? (3) Wendy Scholtens, Shekinna Stricklen and Shameka Christon.
KY (3) Lisa Harrison, Lillie Mason and A'Dia Mathies.
OR (3) Cindy Brown, Carol Menken and Shonni Schimmel.
CO (2) Shelley Pennefather and Tanya Haave.
CT (2) Jennifer Rizzotti and Nykesha Sales.
DE (2) Val Whiting and Elena Delle Donne.
DC (2) Penny Toler and Marissa Coleman.
OK (2) Delmonica DeHorney and Iciss Tillis. Winners of the all name team!
UT (2) Natalie Williams and Brittney Martin.

States with one: ALASKA (Kelsey Griffin), IDAHO (Andrea Lloyd), MAINE (Cindy Blodgett), MONTANA (Shannon Cate), NEBRASKA (Jordan Hooper), NEVADA (Gabby Williams), NEW HAMPSHIRE (Kerry Bascom), NORTH DAKOTA (Angie Welle) and SOUTH DAKOTA (Becky Hammon).

States with :( players: Hawaii, New Mexico, Rhode Island, Vermont and Wyoming.

Still to come (at a later date) TEXAS with 41 and CALIFORNIA with 26!

Reaction Score
The final 2 states. I will capitalize all the new names that weren't previously posted on my earlier thread.

TX (41) SHERYL SWOOPES, SUSIE SNIDER EPPERS, THERESA WEATHERSPOON, CLARISSA DAVIS, KAMIE ETHRIDGE, JILL RANKIN, BEVERLY WILLIAMS, HEIDI GILLINGHAM, PORTIA HILL, KATHY HARSTON, ANNETTE SMITH, DORIS FELDERHOFF, ROSIE WALKER, JAN IRBY, Tamicka Catchings, Brittney Griner, Odyssey Sims, Moriah Jefferson, Neka Ogwumike, Chiney Ogwumike, Lindsey Harding, Alicia Thompson, Angela Aycock, Kelsey Bone, Debra Williams, Jamicha Jackson, Michi Atkins, Angie Braziel, Plenette Pierson, Shaconda Enis, Brianna Turner, Kedra Holland-Corn, Andrea Riley, Meighan Simmons, Katrina Price, Edwina Brown, Stacey Stephens, Tiffany Jackson, Shereka Wright, Chandi Jones and Steffanie Blackmon.

CA (26) LISA LESLIE, CHERYL MILLER, ANNE MEYERS, NANCY DUNKLE, KRISTEN CUMMINGS, DENISE CURRY, GENIA MILLER, Diana Taurasi, Katie Lou Samuelson, Kalena Mosqueda-Lewis, Courtney Paris, Candace Wiggins, Jeanete Pohlen, Kelsey Plum, Tina Thompson, Marion Jones, Adia Barnes, Maylana Martin, Erin Buescher, Jayne Appel, Ashley Walker, Danielle Robinson, Chelsea Gray, Brittany Boyd, Jillian Alleyne and Reshanda Gray.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom