Updated Seton Hall Scouting Report | The Boneyard

Updated Seton Hall Scouting Report

Reaction Score
Seton Hall 15-8, 6-7 in Big East, #34 in KenPom, was #27 when we last played

Schedule (10-3)

• 3-1 in their last 4.
  • Last game: 67-73 loss v Nova. Started hot but, as Donny Marshall said “started looking for fool’s gold” after the rested on the laurels of their mirage shooting stats and forced bad jumpers.

Roster Report
  • Aiken missed last nine seven with a concussion. Seton Hall has been 4-3 during that time. According to Willard in 2/10, Aiken "won't be playing anytime soon"
  • With Aiken out, the big Seton Hall team has gotten even bigger. Jamir Harris is their only rotation player under 6’6.
    • Their two most common lineups (combined ⅓ of minutes) include Richmond-Cale-Rhoden-Obiagu w/ either Yetna or Jackson as the 4. When you average that out, that’s 6’8 220!!!
  • Whenever Richmond is on the bench, they run “point guard less” rotations (Harris averages just 0.4 assists/game and if Aiken doesn’t play, Rhoden would be their leading assist guy (1.2 assists per game) whenever Richmond is off the court

1644858289884.png

Offense: 63rd in KenPom efficiency (40th last time we played them)
  • They play fast (57th in offensive tempo, down from 33rd last time we played them)
  • Their turnover ratio rate is 129th best in the nation, which has increased quite a bit since we’ve last played them (21st lowest turnover %). Aiken’s absence plays a role w/ this (Richmond averages 3.2 TOs/game)
  • They get to the line well (70th best FTA/FGA ratio)
  • Their overall fg% has gone down since we’ve last played them, however they’ve improved from 3p% (now 32.9 3p% and was 29.8% when we last played them). Both Rhoden and Richmond shoot under 40% from inside the arc.
  • They’ve really improved w/ their offensive rebounding (37th best rate in the nation, was 140th when we last played them). Yetna (3.4) and Obiagu (2.8) are their offensive rebounding studs.
  • Lots of iso: only 40% of their shots from assists (9th lowest rate in nation)
  • 42nd best ft%, 76%
  • They shoot poorly, but shoot well when they get to the line. Keep fouls down!

Defense: 31st in KenPom efficiency (22nd last time we played them)
  • Elite perimeter D (7th in nation in opponents 3p% at 25.9%). Opponents only shoot 31.9% of their shots from three, which is the 31st lowest rate nationally.
  • Excellent defensive rebounding (28th defensive rebounding rate)
  • They don’t cause a lot of turnovers (174th in turnover rate). If they do cause turnovers, its from blocks and steals. Their non-steal TO% is just 281st in the nation.
  • When they get teams to the line, they tend to foul the good shooters (78.9 opponents’ ft%)

Reaction Score
Aiken is pretty obnoxious but I feel bad for him. Gotta be one of the most injury-prone CBB players in recent memory. Missing 7+ games after a concussion is particularly brutal.

Richmond vs. Cole is a crazy match-up at the PG spot, considering Richmond had his way in the post against most of our forwards. Would assume we are going to send double-teams this time around.

@ Seton Hall was one of our best offensive games of the season, even coming off the COVID pause. If we can play even close to that offense (always shoot better in Gampel so fingers crossed) and tighten up the D, we should definitely win.

Reaction Score
Aiken is pretty obnoxious but I feel bad for him. Gotta be one of the most injury-prone CBB players in recent memory. Missing 7+ games after a concussion is particularly brutal.
Totally agree. It really hits when you see him wearing ear plugs at the games. Yeah, he's annoying and easy to hate during the game, but he's a heck of a baller.

Reaction Score
i would reallllly like to see us get revenge on this team. we should have won the game at their place coming off our COVID pause, and probably would have if richmond (a player i really don't care for) hadn't gone nuclear.

hoping the crowd is loud and the team can make shots.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. It really hits when you see him wearing ear plugs at the games. Yeah, he's annoying and easy to hate during the game, but he's a heck of a baller.

Why does he wear ear plugs?

Reaction Score
Got no issue with Aiken. Of all the annoying players I've seen he barely moves the needle. Last year he also provided us with the classic "I never miss" comment followed by two free throw misses. Hysterical moment that would not of occurred without his strong personality. So I'm thankful for his comic timing. Even when it isn't deliberate.

I actually feel for anyone with concussion issues. A coworker of mine is concussion prone. So much he's had to stop participating in all sports he used to play. He used to be a weekly hockey player. Had to quit. Very mild contact can potentially give him issues. It's been a life changing problem for him.

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Got no issue with Aiken. Of all the annoying players I've seen he barely moves the needle. Last year he also provided us with the classic "I never miss" comment followed by two free throw misses. Hysterical moment that would not of occurred without his strong personality. So I'm thankful for his comic timing. Even when it isn't deliberate.

I actually feel for anyone with concussion issues. A coworker of mine is concussion prone. So much he's had to stop participating in all sports he used to play. He used to be a weekly hockey player. Had to quit. Very mild contact can potentially give him issues. It's been a life changing problem for him.

Yess. Great memory. High comedy.

Reaction Score
Yess. Great memory. High comedy.

Love it. Ridiculously funny. I can't decipher all the chatter. I wish I could here what our guys said in response. I can see Bouknight laughing and Sanogo's shocked expression.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
F36E97D8-1036-4254-86A2-1B6B5734BBE0.jpeg

UConn’s marketing department is paying TikTokers to pitch $12 tickets for this game lol. We have a damn competitive ranked team playing in the big east. It shouldn’t be this hard to get fans in the seats.

Reaction Score
View attachment 73341

UConn’s marketing department is paying TikTokers to pitch $12 tickets for this game lol. We have a damn competitive ranked team playing in the big east. It shouldn’t be this hard to get fans in the seats.
Marc is an alum and die hard fan. He’s been very involved with UConn sports on Twitter for a while now. Definitely not a paid promotion.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
View attachment 73341

I don’t think they’re paying him, he just seems like a huge fan. He’s been buddying up to Mora all off season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom