Updated Roster Jan 2022 | The Boneyard

Updated Roster Jan 2022

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated roster projection.

1) I project we have five more open slots before we exceed the 85 scholarship cap. That said, the staff could announce more than five new kids, it just puts pressure on to push a kid out this spring and/or delay the enrollment of someone until Jan'23.
2) Based on twitter tea leaves and recent offers I suspect the loose plan is to fill the remaining spots with:
a) a juco corner (ahem, we know who)
b) a portal OL (we continue to take note of new names in the portal everyday)
c) a HS OL (perhaps a certain OL from Danbury?)
d) a HS DB (perhaps a certain awesome athlete from Norwalk? - if not we have made other offers of late)
e) a portal LB.
3) I continue to guesstimate that Durante Jones is moved to CB, Russell Dixon to WR and Langston Hardy to OLB. I could be flatly wrong with all of these and that's okay- we'll be fine. I also have guessed that Prince Samuel is placed at DE, but I suspect he is quickly moved to TE if that is what is needed.

Reaction Score

1) I project we have five more open slots before we exceed the 85 scholarship cap. That said, the staff could announce more than five new kids, it just puts pressure on to push a kid out this spring and/or delay the enrollment of someone until Jan'23.
2) Based on twitter tea leaves and recent offers I suspect the loose plan is to fill the remaining spots with:
d) a HS DB (perhaps a certain awesome athlete from Norwalk? - if not we have made other offers of late)
e) a portal LB.
3) I continue to guesstimate that Durante Jones is moved to CB, Russell Dixon to WR and Langston Hardy to OLB. I could be flatly wrong with all of these and that's okay- we'll be fine. I also have guessed that Prince Samuel is placed at DE, but I suspect he is quickly moved to TE if that is what is needed.

Thanks for the good work.

Reaction Score
So right now our only incoming linebacker is "projected slot". Hopefully that changes.

Maybe Prince Samuels ends up at linebacker. He had 70 tackles this year.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Isn't Burns returning?
For now I have assumed not. He saw the field in four seasons and already took a redshirt season, therefore 2022 would be his sixth year if he played. I thought you still needed the medical redshirt to get the rare sixth year.

Last edited:

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
So right now our only incoming linebacker is "projected slot". Hopefully that changes.

Maybe Prince Samuels ends up at linebacker. He had 70 tackles this year.
Anyone find tape on Samuels? I looked a few weeks ago, it seems like it was deliberately missing.

Anyway, Samuels at LB does sound from a roster rounding perspective. I might slide him there in my chart and then see what Mora says during the 2/2 presser.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I've made the change and added Robert Burns back to the projection. I failed to recall that all fall 2020 activity did not count towards the 4 year max field time.

Things are about to get more complicated as it appears super seniors like Robert Burns, Ian Swenson, etc will not count towards the usual 85 man scholarship cap. For now I am assumed UConn is willing to go one over to 86 scholarship players under these rules, but I maybe understating Mora and Benedicts aggressiveness in light of this info.

I haven't taken the time to figure out everyone individual eligibility situation. Perhaps sometime this spring I will try to change the presentation to include remaining eligibility with each name.

Bottomline, it does appear UConn could go a few above the 85 man cap.

Reaction Score

e) a portal LB.

Looks like we have 6 slots!

Reaction Score
I've made the change and added Robert Burns back to the projection. I failed to recall that all fall 2020 activity did not count towards the 4 year max field time.

Things are about to get more complicated as it appears super seniors like Robert Burns, Ian Swenson, etc will not count towards the usual 85 man scholarship cap. For now I am assumed UConn is willing to go one over to 86 scholarship players under these rules, but I maybe understating Mora and Benedicts aggressiveness in light of this info.

I haven't taken the time to figure out everyone individual eligibility situation. Perhaps sometime this spring I will try to change the presentation to include remaining eligibility with each name.

Bottomline, it does appear UConn could go a few above the 85 man cap.
It would probably make sense to go to the cap now but have an understanding that they might go over by a few if they find a few gold nuggets in the portal after schools complete spring practice. There must be an LB or two out there somewhere.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom