Updated Rivals150 | The Boneyard

Updated Rivals150

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Out of these kids listed which ones are we in the best shape with?

Reaction Score
Out of these kids listed which ones are we in the best shape with?
These are the 9 guys we are in the best shape with out of the 16 remaining offers for 2019. Official visits are usually a good sign, so UConn's sitting pretty with Bouknight, Gaffney and Wong right now. Out of those three, Bouknight will probably be our first commit after his OV this weekend.

Reaction Score
How is Gaffney NR?
Is Gaffney criminally underrated, or am I missing something? Is it his size?
It’s only Rivals who doesn’t rank him as a 4 star now. They’re just slacking on him. Like we’ve said all summer, the stats and offers speak for themselves.
No way Gaffney is lower than Paul mulchay
He flat out sucked in AAU this year, to the point where we just stopped talking to him. Agreed.
I’m very worried that we won’t land a center/big
We’d be offering people like Kisunas last year if that were the case.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
It’s only Rivals who doesn’t rank him as a 4 star now. They’re just slacking on him. Like we’ve said all summer, the stats and offers speak for themselves.

He flat out sucked in AAU this year, to the point where we just stopped talking to him. Agreed.

Who’s the most like big tho

Reaction Score
Asked Corey Evans for his thoughts on Gaffney and how close he was to making the top 150:

I think the thing with Gaffney is just being consistent and showing that he can run a team instead of being more of an undersized scoring guard. He was right on the cusp though and had a good few showings in July. Value his shot making skills and continued progressions.

Reaction Score
Yeah I mean I think Bouknight and Gaffney are probably gonna happen.

Precious would be some get. I'm still skeptical, but I'd be pretty excited. That's a game changer.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Yeah I mean I think Bouknight and Gaffney are probably gonna happen.

Precious would be some get. I'm still skeptical, but I'd be pretty excited. That's a game changer.
Sounds like we have a legit shot at Wong. If it's Bouk and Wong as the backcourt recruits...Id be happy. Throw in Precious and Kofi and I'd be overjoyed.

StepbackCity

I like winning
Reaction Score

We are starting to go after some more bigs so I think we are worried

Reaction Score

We are starting to go after some more bigs so I think we are worried

We haven’t offered him anyway, but Coulibaly is legit. He’s got a lot of solid offers (Pitt, Cincy, PC, SJU, GT) and is a 4 star on ESPN ahead of Wahab. For all we know, they could also consider him more of a AkAk backup as he’s supposed to have somewhat of a faceup game. He’s from Mali and has only been stateside for a short amount of time.
Abdoul Karim Coulibaly - 2016 U17 World Championship highlights

Bottom line is I wouldn’t worry too much about Kofi. We’ll be in that one until the end.

Edit: Damn, Coulibaly’s stats from the Adidas gauntlet are actually pretty impressive. Kid can score.

20.8 MPG, 14.4 PPG, 63.4 2P%, 68.8% FT, 2-11 3P, 6.4 RPG, 1.2 APG, 1.0 BPG, 0.6 SPG, 0.7 TOPG.

Last edited:

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I'm thinking Bouk and Gaffney but that is a far cry from what was thought to be a few months back
I am worried about getting some bigs but this Karim kid looks interesting
I really hope DH and staff can pull some rabbits out of the hat

Reaction Score
I'm thinking Bouk and Gaffney but that is a far cry from what was thought to be a few months back
I really hope Dan Hurley and staff can pull some rabbits out of the hat
we're still in good shape with Kofi and Precious. I dont think we need any rabbits pulled. We as fans just need to be patient

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
We have been thinking them for the 1 and 2 since May, and Achiuwa and Cockburn are still the other two top targets and were arguably leading for both. Not sure what else you can ask for.

I wouldn’t take him before Cockburn or Akok decide, but Coulibaly has my interest. That video and the numbers look good.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you've been reading, those 2 have been the most likely commits since the spring

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom