Updated Rankings | The Boneyard

Updated Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
  • Wow Tshiebwe up to top 20 (over 50 spot jump). He pretty much took Igiehon's spot (who fell 30 spots).
  • They moved AK even further up after the big jump to 25 earlier.
  • Shedrick up 40 spots, probably why we tried to get in while we could.
  • Lecque fell 20 spots as most expected.
  • Quinones up 20 spots, Bouknight basically right behind him and gained 15.
  • Wong gained 20 spots, 247 now in line with the market.
  • They bumped Wahab up a bit, but 247 still below the composite on him.
  • Only bumped Gaffney up 1 spot. A bit disappointing. Had hoped he was turning more heads.
  • They bumped Dawes into the top 150 from previously 200s.

Reaction Score
  • Wow Tshiebwe up to top 20 (over 50 spot jump). He pretty much took Igiehon's spot (who fell 30 spots).
  • Only bumped Gaffney up 1 spot. A bit disappointing. Had hoped he was turning more heads.
  • Tshiebwe's jump was well deserved IMO. The guy is ripped and athletic and most importantly has just dominated. There's a ton of great centers in this class. Wiseman, Carey, Stewart, and Jackson-Davis all rank above him still and had great summers, but Tshiebwe put up better numbers than any of them. He averaged 21.3/11.7/2.4 BLK/1.2 STL on 60.8% shooting in AAU play. The guy was completely head and shoulders above every other big on the Adidas circuit.
  • Shedrick's jump was aggressive. Not sure that it's warranted. I also would have a hard time taking AkAk before a bunch of people he's ranked above right now.
  • Kofi's rank remains low in comparison to other sites, but to give 247 the BOTD, he just doesn't fit the archetype of today's big man offensively, and he isn't a big rim protector either.
  • Gaffney remains lower than a solid number of PG and CG that he outplayed this summer. The kid can stroke it, is fast, and is a good leaper. On the flip side, he played on a loaded team where defenses focused on Antoine and Lewis primarily, and he really needs to put on muscle. Would I rank him higher? Yes, but he's still a 4 star guard and I think their ranking is fair enough. I'm really high on him as a 4 year college guard that will end up a household name. And he has quite the offer list.
  • The 2019 class is deep. Being top 150 is really impressive. Dawes leaped in front of players like Josh Nickelberry. Good achievement for him and shows how much his hard work is paying off.
  • New offer Terrence Shannon at 108. Typically in the 80-110 range depending on any source. I like his size and leaping ability. If we miss out on AkAk, I wouldn't mind taking multiple 3s, especially given that our biggest target is a 1 and done at that position.
  • If Bouknight played the way he played when he came back all spring and summer, he'd probably be top 50 and maybe even top 35. That being said, I'm almost glad he didn't, because things may be a lot cloudier right now. I usually don't like comparisons, but he's so much like Jeremy Lamb it's crazy. Love that kid's game on both ends. His biggest thing will be getting stronger while staying on the court.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What is the #1 "Hot Take" (definitely NOT my favorite term, by the way) from these updated rankings for us UConn fans?

Our coaching staff is even more impressive than we are thinking. Time and again you can see they have identified and made significant in-roads with recruits who were just starting to realize their potential.

Feels more and more as if we are in really good hands with this staff. They obviously have a great eye for later bloomers. And yes, I realize we have not gotten any to commit yet - but I love to see that we have a staff who understands how to unearth and build a rapport with recruits who are just figuring out how to raise their games to elite levels.

(For the naysayers I agree that we need to close on a few in the coming months... but you have to make contact and build rapport before you can ever close on anyone.)

Reaction Score
What is the #1 "Hot Take" (definitely NOT my favorite term, by the way) from these updated rankings for us UConn fans?

Our coaching staff is even more impressive than we are thinking. Time and again you can see they have identified and made significant in-roads with recruits who were just starting to realize their potential.

Feels more and more as if we are in really good hands with this staff. They obviously have a great eye for later bloomers. And yes, I realize we have not gotten any to commit yet - but I love to see that we have a staff who understands how to unearth and build a rapport with recruits who are just figuring out how to raise their games to elite levels.

(For the naysayers I agree that we need to close on a few in the coming months... but you have to make contact and build rapport before you can ever close on anyone.)

Remember, the dam will soon break and commitments will come flowing in.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
  • Tshiebwe's jump was well deserved IMO. The guy is ripped and athletic and most importantly has just dominated. There's a ton of great centers in this class. Wiseman, Carey, Stewart, and Jackson-Davis all rank above him still and had great summers, but Tshiebwe put up better numbers than any of them. He averaged 21.3/11.7/2.4 BLK/1.2 STL on 60.8% shooting in AAU play. The guy was completely head and shoulders above every other big on the Adidas circuit.
  • Shedrick's jump was aggressive. Not sure that it's warranted. I also would have a hard time taking AkAk before a bunch of people he's ranked above right now.
  • Kofi's rank remains low in comparison to other sites, but to give 247 the BOTD, he just doesn't fit the archetype of today's big man offensively, and he isn't a big rim protector either.
  • Gaffney remains lower than a solid number of PG and CG that he outplayed this summer. The kid can stroke it, is fast, and is a good leaper. On the flip side, he played on a loaded team where defenses focused on Antoine and Lewis primarily, and he really needs to put on muscle. Would I rank him higher? Yes, but he's still a 4 star guard and I think their ranking is fair enough. I'm really high on him as a 4 year college guard that will end up a household name. And he has quite the offer list.
  • The 2019 class is deep. Being top 150 is really impressive. Dawes leaped in front of players like Josh Nickelberry. Good achievement for him and shows how much his hard work is paying off.
  • New offer Terrence Shannon at 108. Typically in the 80-110 range depending on any source. I like his size and leaping ability. If we miss out on AkAk, I wouldn't mind taking multiple 3s, especially given that our biggest target is a 1 and done at that position.
  • If Bouknight played the way he played when he came back all spring and summer, he'd probably be top 50 and maybe even top 35. That being said, I'm almost glad he didn't, because things may be a lot cloudier right now. I usually don't like comparisons, but he's so much like Jeremy Lamb it's crazy. Love that kid's game on both ends. His biggest thing will be getting stronger while staying on the court.

Good stuff gents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44