Updated perr-40 spreadsheet thru USF game | The Boneyard

Updated perr-40 spreadsheet thru USF game

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Get it at the usual download place.

Well, it's only been 3 games, but we've still got stats -- some expected, some a surprise (at least to me).

Note: I have excluded those with less than 30 minutes a game from the results.

Paige and Christyn lead decisively in point production, both at 23+ per 40. 5+ points down from there is Azzi, 2.5 more to Evina, then a group at 10-12 (Dorka, Aaliyah, Olivia). No surprises there.

Dorka leads Olivia slightly in total RB at 10+ per 40. No one else is over 6.32, but there are a lot of folk between there and 5.25. The paucity of rebounds in general is a surprise. I saw very little blocking out in the last 2 games.

Paige does not lead in assists per-40. Olivia does, by a 7.59 to 7.17 rate. Evina(4.85) and Nika(4.00) trail.

Olivia (1.89) is the lead blocker with Paige (1.89) in second. Nika and Azzi follow with 1+ each.

Paige (2.26), Evina( 1.62) Aaliyah (1.38), and Nika (1.33) are the most productive stealers.

The offense so far looks ahead of where I expected it to be (except for all the errant forced passes in today's game). They seem to be running a number of sets pretty well against some stiff opposition. The defense is a 2-part story. Perimeter man defense is quite good except for occasionally leaving the hot shooter alone, as is the zone. We've got a lot of mobile players, even the big ones. But post defense and rebounding are sub-standard by UConn standards. I was especially surprised by the lack of boxing out by pretty much everybody in today's game and the inconsistency in the help defense. Usually the defense is better than the offense early.

Nonetheless, despite letting USF back into range repeatedly, the ladies toughed out a victory without any signs of panic. That's a very good thing for our young team.

Excelsior, Huskies!

P.S. Remember, I want to hear about any errors you find in the spreadsheet and solicit any improvements you might envision.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds
Top Bottom