Updated Cumulative Stats | The Boneyard

Updated Cumulative Stats

Reaction Score
Attached is a link for up to date team stats. Some of the numbers that jumped out to me were:
  • Newton and Spencer have scored that exact number of points with Karaban only 8 pts. back.
  • Newton dominates getting pts. from FT’s, Spencer from 3pt. FG’s and Karaban from 2pt FG’s.
  • Spencer and Karaban have each taken 199 FG’s
  • Castle and Clingan have each made and taken more FT’s than Karaban while playing in 6 and 5 games less, respectively.
  • UConn’s team stats against the opponent are positive in every category.
  • UConn has actually taken and made more FT’s than their opponent.

Newton’s offensive numbers will be much better if he can cut down on his forced shots at the rim and some ill advised 3pt. shots. By forced shots, I’m talking about missed shots where he was somewhat out of control hoping to draw a foul where he could have either pulled the ball back out, dumped it to a trailer or passed it to a guy on the wing. Flip side of the coin is imagine how many more FT attempts he would have if even half of the actual fouls were called against his defender.
Spencer goes to the line less than 3 times per game and Karaban less than 2. Wish those numbers would improve.

With their high percentage FT shooting, having Spencer, Karaban, Diarra, Newton and Castle on the floor at the end of close games will pay dividends.

Overall offensive efficiency is near the top in the country and the overall defensive efficiency is respectable and will only improve with Clingan back in the middle.

Should add up to a long end of the season run as long as the players keep playing team ball, improve in certain areas and stay healthy. And, we know the staff will do their part ensuring the team is ready and focused.

1705856155926.jpeg

Reaction Score
Before the season there was a really good question on here asking who our leading scorer will be. There was a reasonable case for at least 4 of our starters being there. So far we have 3 guys in between 15.0 and 15.4, which I love to see. Clingan could be up there too if he was healthy all year, at 12.8 right now

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Statistics are what they are. One of the most fascinating to me is foul throw percentage because it is so critical to winning games, especially games against good opponents. Last night's game is a perfect example. I was thrilled to see that Danny had our best 5 foul shooters on the court for the last minute, regardless of size or position. Collectively, they are shooting 81%.

As a team, we are shooting 73% - not awful by any means. But the post position is killing us. Taking Clingan and Johnson out of the picture and we are shooting 78.5%. That would put us 8th in the country. We would have beaten Kansas at that level.

Reaction Score
As a team, we are shooting 73% - not awful by any means. But the post position is killing us. Taking Clingan and Johnson out of the picture and we are shooting 78.5%. That would put us 8th in the country. We would have beaten Kansas at that level.
You are correct that the post needs to improve at the line but simultaneously they are putting so much pressure at the rim that they are drawing the fouls that put us in the bonus and allows us to have more made FTs than the opponents have shot in total.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom