Updated Bracketology from Lunardi | The Boneyard

Updated Bracketology from Lunardi

Reaction Score
I usually wouldn't post this since it means nothing at this point, but I just liked the introduction to the predicted brackets. Where's freescooter to comment on the Newbie? Actually I like the board a lot better when he goes into hiding.

In less than four weeks, we'll be poring over the first set of game results and no doubt jumping to all the wrong conclusions. But one assessment seems incontrovertible for the 2023-24 season: The Big East is loaded. Three teams -- defending champion UConn along with Marquette and Creighton -- have legitimate designs on an NCAA title. Villanova, the league's fourth-best squad, can point to a pair of national championships and a trio of No. 1 seeds in the past decade. In short, the Big East can dream of repeating its seemingly unrepeatable feat from 1985: a record three Final Four teams in the same year. It's an unlikely outcome, to be sure, but one that was unthinkable when the conference split from its football members in 2013. Yes, the headlines might proclaim a "football is king" narrative, but apparently the Big East folks didn't get the memo.

Reaction Score
sign me up for that path right now.

brooklyn:
#15 colgate
#7 TCU

boston:
#3 gonzaga
#1 MSU

Final Four:
#1 Purdue
#1 KU

none of those #1 seeds are scary. not that any are going to make it that far. all perennially overrated.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
sign me up for that path right now.

brooklyn:
#15 colgate
#7 TCU

boston:
#3 gonzaga
#1 MSU

Final Four:
#1 Purdue
#1 KU

none of those #1 seeds are scary. not that any are going to make it that far. all perennially overrated.
I need to find a way to get tickets for the Boston games.

Reaction Score
Just bought Brooklyn sessions for March. Let’s gooooo
WIth Pittsburgh, Indianapolis, Omaha, and Charlotte also sites and not a lot of good projected northeastern schools, I like our odds of Brooklyn all things considered.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I usually wouldn't post this since it means nothing at this point, but I just liked the introduction to the predicted brackets. Where's freescooter to comment on the Newbie? Actually I like the board a lot better when he goes into hiding.

In less than four weeks, we'll be poring over the first set of game results and no doubt jumping to all the wrong conclusions. But one assessment seems incontrovertible for the 2023-24 season: The Big East is loaded. Three teams -- defending champion UConn along with Marquette and Creighton -- have legitimate designs on an NCAA title. Villanova, the league's fourth-best squad, can point to a pair of national championships and a trio of No. 1 seeds in the past decade. In short, the Big East can dream of repeating its seemingly unrepeatable feat from 1985: a record three Final Four teams in the same year. It's an unlikely outcome, to be sure, but one that was unthinkable when the conference split from its football members in 2013. Yes, the headlines might proclaim a "football is king" narrative, but apparently the Big East folks didn't get the memo.

Lol @ l’il 12

Reaction Score
I need to find a way to get tickets for the Boston games.
Isn’t it not going to be that hard? I always think of Boston as a pro sports town so I figured it would be some basketball fans who want to watch and traveling fans.

Definitely going to go to a game even if UConn isn’t in this region

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yeah that's what I thought about going to Worcester in 2005. Send the boys out west.
I was there. That was ugly. Still hoping for Boston this time. I think it would be great for Alex and Donovan.

Reaction Score
Now that the League looks better than ever, I'll be 'fully' satisfied this season if we take back our title!

1697029089274.png

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Now that the League looks better than ever, I'll be 'fully' satisfied this season if we take back our title!

View attachment 92002
It's not better than ever. Not as good as the early iteration or the era when Louisville was strong. But it's certainly pretty good and I agree it would be nice to win it.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score

View attachment 92002
If you mean post ACC NBE being better than ever - maybe I agree
This NBE league or any league couldn't hold a candle to the heydays of the OBE - not even close

Reaction Score
Isn’t it not going to be that hard? I always think of Boston as a pro sports town so I figured it would be some basketball fans who want to watch and traveling fans.

Definitely going to go to a game even if UConn isn’t in this region
It was not easy to get tickets the last time it was in Boston. Or the time before that. They were very expensive. I had 2 extras last time and sold the 2 for $750. You forget that there are 8 teams there whose fans want to go. Boston is definitely a pro sports town but people want to go to the NCAA Tournament. It's an event.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
There is about 100 different ticket apps that can help you with that.
Yes, and the ticket prices are just stupid. I saw $4000 a seat for loge. So the only play is to wait for session tickets to come available via Ticketmaster and also for losing teams in sweet 16 to sell theirs for the next game.

Reaction Score
Yes, and the ticket prices are just stupid. I saw $4000 a seat for loge. So the only play is to wait for session tickets to come available via Ticketmaster and also for losing teams in sweet 16 to sell theirs for the next game.
Not sure why you would buy tickets now, event is not going to sell out, anyone posting now is going to shoot for the moon on prices because why not.

Also, on Gametime you can get tickets in the loge for half that price.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom