Updated 2019 recruit rankings | The Boneyard

Updated 2019 recruit rankings

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Both Blue Star and Prospects Nation have adjusted their 2019 player rankings after the U17 trials.

Big movement at Prospects Nation which shouldn't be a surprise if you followed along during the trials. Haley Jones is their new #1 ranked player and Jordan Horston is #2. Aliyah Boston is still #11.

It should be noted that PN has made it clear they consider Laeticia Amihere the top player in the class but they put non-American players in a separate list.

https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2019

Blue Star has moved Haley Jones from #12 to #7. They now have UConn targets Boston #2, Amihere #3, Jones #7, Horston #8.

Blue Star Basketball

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Both Blue Star and Prospects Nation have adjusted their 2019 player rankings after the U17 trials.

Big movement at Prospects Nation which shouldn't be a surprise if you followed along during the trials. Haley Jones is their new #1 ranked player and Jordan Horston is #2. Aliyah Boston is still #11.

It should be noted that PN has made it clear they consider Laeticia Amihere the top player in the class but they put non-American players in a separate list.

2019 Ranked Players | Prospects Nation

Blue Star has moved Haley Jones from #12 to #7. They now have UConn targets Boston #2, Amihere #3, Jones #7, Horston #8.

Blue Star Basketball
Blue Star's modifications were minimal, and in the past, they have slowly rolled out any changes over a few days, so their rankings may change in the next week or so.

Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin, a final 18 USA player is #91?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Aubrey Griffin, a final 18 USA player is #91?
Abby Prohaska (2018) is rated 15th by Blue Star, 73rd by Hoopgurlz, 78th by Prospects Nation, and 79th by ASGR, yet made the USA Basketball U18 team, and she made the USA team last summer as well. In the 2018 class. these top 10 players (Hoopgurlz) tried out for the U18 USA team but did not make it:

3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Shakira Austin
9. Emily Engstler
10. Zarielle Green

#6 Destanni Henderson did not try out for the team, and the other five top 10 players all made the team.

Reaction Score
Abby Prohaska (2018) is rated 15th by Blue Star, 73rd by Hoopgurlz, 78th by Prospects Nation, and 79th by ASGR, yet made the USA Basketball U18 team, and she made the USA team last summer as well. In the 2018 class. these top 10 players (Hoopgurlz) tried out for the U18 USA team but did not make it:

3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Shakira Austin
9. Emily Engstler
10. Zarielle Green

#6 Destanni Henderson did not try out for the team, and the other five top 10 players all made the team.

Maybe these rating services should just put HAVE NOT SEEN ENOUGH TO RATE next to some of the names, or maybe list the times they have seen every name they list. Or maybe just rate those they have seen 2 or more times. They list no stories and no evaluations for Griffin and yet they rate her? Based on what?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Maybe these rating services should just put HAVE NOT SEEN ENOUGH TO RATE next to some of the names, or maybe list the times they have seen every name they list. Or maybe just rate those they have seen 2 or more times. They list no stories and no evaluations for Griffin and yet they rate her? Based on what?

ESPN recently placed Griffin in their top-100, currently at #56.

Their evaluation is from December.

aubrey-griffin

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

3. Aquira DeCosta
4. Shakira Austin
9. Emily Engstler
10. Zarielle Green

#6 Destanni Henderson & Charli Collier #2 were not eligible to tryout because the age age cutoff.
These rating service vs. USA basketball selection discrepancies happen all the time.

Reaction Score
ESPN recently placed Griffin in their top-100, currently at #56.

Their evaluation is from December.

aubrey-griffin

I was referring to PN. Now maybe they give some analysis to Platinum subscribers but I doubt they have watched many of 75-150 for more than a minute or two.

Reaction Score

Prohaska is the kind of player that really doesn't stand out against some of the most skilled players unless you see her play a lot.......she's more of an old fashioned "team" player that is good but not great at a lot but makes everybody else a bit better.........I don't doubt that she should probably be rated in the 70's in terms of over all athleticism/skills but when you pick teams everybody wants her on their's.........

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I trust the Auriemma Rankings. ;)
Even the master has launched some air balls in the game of recruiting:
Jacquie Fernandes
Stacey Marron
Alexis Gordon
Tahirah Williams
Cassie Kerns
Michala Johnson
Lauren Engeln
Mikayla Coombs
Heather Buck
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Meghan Gardler
Kyla Irwin
Ashley Valley
Molly Bent
Courtney Ekmark
Morgan Valley
Brianna Banks
Samrie Walker
De'Janae Boykin
Sadie Edwards
Liz Sherwood

Reaction Score
Jacquie Fernandes
Stacey Marron
Alexis Gordon
Tahirah Williams
Cassie Kerns
Michala Johnson
Lauren Engeln
Mikayla Coombs
Heather Buck
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Meghan Gardler
Kyla Irwin
Ashley Valley
Molly Bent
Courtney Ekmark
Morgan Valley
Brianna Banks
Samrie Walker
De'Janae Boykin
Sadie Edwards
Liz Sherwood

gee...........don't you think it's a bit premature to write off last year's freshmen?

Reaction Score
Jacquie Fernandes
Stacey Marron
Alexis Gordon
Tahirah Williams
Cassie Kerns
Michala Johnson
Lauren Engeln
Mikayla Coombs
Heather Buck
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Meghan Gardler
Kyla Irwin
Ashley Valley
Molly Bent
Courtney Ekmark
Morgan Valley
Brianna Banks
Samrie Walker
De'Janae Boykin
Sadie Edwards
Liz Sherwood
I dont think think this an accurate list you are including walk ons transfers, and players careers changes with injuries

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Jacquie Fernandes
Stacey Marron
Alexis Gordon
Tahirah Williams
Cassie Kerns
Michala Johnson
Lauren Engeln
Mikayla Coombs
Heather Buck
Andra Espinoza-Hunter
Meghan Gardler
Kyla Irwin
Ashley Valley
Molly Bent
Courtney Ekmark
Morgan Valley
Brianna Banks
Samrie Walker
De'Janae Boykin
Sadie Edwards
Liz Sherwood

Whoa! Lets just agree to disagree on your provided list. :confused::rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think this is a harsh list. Not everyone recruited is designed to be a super star and a team can't onsist of all superstars. I think tje lisy should only be plauers not currently at UConn and based on whether they did or did not achieve their potential while at UConn. The story is still to be written on current players.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

https://prospectsnation.com/players/ranked/2019

Blue Star Basketball
Thank you, Sluconn.

Any way to know if all members of this core four have been offered UConn scholarships? I'm sure it's difficult to predict but of the quartet, how many do you believe will end up in Storrs? Which one is most likely to become a Husky? In your opinion, which player is least likely to don the blue and white? Which player fills the greatest need?

Okay, I've asked enough of you. Thanks.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Thank you, Sluconn.

Any way to know if all members of this core four have been offered UConn scholarships? I'm sure it's difficult to predict but of the quartet, how many do you believe will end up in Storrs? Which one is most likely to become a Husky? In your opinion, which player is least likely to don the blue and white? Which player fills the greatest need?

Okay, I've asked enough of you. Thanks.
Q: Any way to know if all members of this core four have been offered UConn scholarships?
Coco's Answer: Of the four player 2 (Jones, Boston) have made unofficial visits to UCONN. UCONN has a practice of not offering until the player has visited campus. Horston visit got postponed from 1 June where I fully expected she would have been extended a UCONN offer if she doesn't have one already. Amihere is the only semi-wildcard IMO in terms of an offer.
Q: I'm sure it's difficult to predict but of the quartet, how many do you believe will end up in Storrs?
Coco's Answer:I think at least 2 of these 4 players end up at UCONN based on the players in this class that UCONN has evaluated and passed on including (Brunelle, Balwin, Cooke, Peoples, Correa, Puisis, Angel Jackson, Masonis).Two players of this caliber would be an outstanding class. Three of the four would be supreme. All four to UCONN and the rest of the NCAA would be screaming foul-again!
Q:
Which one is most likely to become a Husky?
Coco's Answer: Boston because of her proximity to UCONN-45 Mins from campus.
Q:In your opinion, which player is least likely to don the blue and white?
Coco's Answer:
Horston because I'm just not sure how much she wants to submit to the "perceived" rigid structure of UCONN. Her natural position is not fully defined and UCONN has a need for a second PG behind Dangerfield. The class behind Horston 2020 is loaded with supreme PGs so Horston might be looked at as a luxury at best an an obstacle at worst.
Q:Which player fills the greatest need?
Coco's Answer: Boston by far. Bulk, size and skill in the post has been UCONN's most glaring need. By the time Boston arrives on Campus that need will have lasted 3 years, which is entirely too long.
Bonus unasked question: Which player will end up being the best?
Coco's Answer: Haley Jones! I have been saying it for a while now and will continue to say it. Haley Jones has the potential to have a UCONN career one slight notch below the UCONN mount rushmore of players in the range of Sales, Hartley or Samuelson.

Last edited:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Q: Any way to know if all members of this core four have been offered UConn scholarships?
Coco's Answer: Of the four player 2 (Jones, Boston) have made unofficial visits to UCONN. UCONN has a practice of not offering until the player has visited campus. Horston visit got postponed from 1 June where I fully expected she would have been extended a UCONN offer if she doesn't have one already. Amihere is the only semi-wildcard IMO in terms of an offer.
Q: I'm sure it's difficult to predict but of the quartet, how many do you believe will end up in Storrs?
Coco's Answer:I think at least 2 of these 4 players end up at UCONN based on the players in this class that UCONN has evaluated and passed on including (Brunelle, Balwin, Cooke, Peoples, Correa, Puisis, Angel Jackson, Masonis).Two players of this caliber would be an outstanding class. Three of the four would be supreme. All four to UCONN and the rest of the NCAA would be screaming foul-again!
Q:
Which one is most likely to become a Husky?
Coco's Answer: Boston because of her proximity to UCONN-45 Mins from campus.
Q:In your opinion, which player is least likely to don the blue and white?
Coco's Answer:
Horston because I'm just not sure how much she wants to submit to the "perceived" rigid structure of UCONN. Her natural position is not fully defined and UCONN has a need for a second PG behind Dangerfield. The class behind Horston 2020 is loaded with supreme PGs so Horston might be looked at as a luxury at best an an obstacle at worst.
Q:Which player fills the greatest need?
Coco's Answer: Boston by far. Bulk, size and skill in the post has been UCONN's most glaring need. By the time Boston arrives on Campus that need will have lasted 3 years, which is entirely too long.
Bonus unasked question: Which player will end up being the best?
Coco's Answer: Haley Jones! I have been saying it for a while now and will continue to say it. Haley Jones has the potential to have a UCONN career one slight notch below the UCONN mount rushmore of players in the range of Sales, Hartley or Samuelson.
Thanks very much for your input, Coco. Your opinion always is appreciated.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Prohaska is the kind of player that really doesn't stand out against some of the most skilled players unless you see her play a lot..she's more of an old fashioned "team" player that is good but not great at a lot but makes everybody else a bit better....I don't doubt that she should probably be rated in the 70's in terms of over all athleticism/skills but when you pick teams everybody wants her on their's....

Many of us ND fans were not surprised at this recruitment...the last player ND had like this was Hannah Huffman, but Prohaska seems to have a better overall skill set and level of athletic ability. What I've seen of her reminds me a bit of Brittany Mallory, who not only excelled for MM, but played for the Irish Girls Lacrosse Team her senior year.

Comments from the ND Press Release Following Prohaska's Signing:

"Abby brings a tremendous amount of energy," Coach McGraw said. "She is a great team player because she is someone you can count on to take a charge, dive for loose balls and set the tone defensively. You like having her on the court because she does so many little things well. She can drive, she can pass, she can shoot, so she's just an all-around talented player."

Dan Olson of Hoopgurlz/ESPNw describes Prohaska as a fundamental guard who competes on both ends of the floor with high motor effort. A mid-range game creator and stationary threat at the arc, Prohaska also defends well and is quick to 50/50 balls. She can elevate in mid-range game with a soft touch, and be physical off the dribble, drive and finish in traffic. Lastly, she is described as a leader with a poised persona and high energy.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Boston's the only one with a known offer but I'd be stunned if Jones doesn't have one. Horston probably either does have one or will after her visit. Amihere's recruitment is near radio silence so who knows about her.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I think Blue Star definitely needs to work more on their rankings. Fran Belibi is ranked 10th (where she is correctly listed as committed to Stanford) and also 20th (where she shares that spot in the rankings with Anaya Peoples but is uncommitted!) Oops! Like I said above, Blue Star tends to re-rank over a period of time, as opposed to a single comprehensive re-ranking, as Hoopgurlz and Prospects Nation do.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Boston's the only one with a known offer but I'd be stunned if Jones doesn't have one. Horston probably either does have one or will after her visit. Amihere's recruitment is near radio silence so who knows about her.

'if Horston signs with UConn first, I wonder whether that has any effect on Jones.........

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom