Update Stat Comparison - to date and past five full years | The Boneyard

Update Stat Comparison - to date and past five full years

Reaction Score
upload_2018-1-2_15-48-6.png

Reaction Score
Through the tough OOC schedule, lots of numbers that compare well or equal to full year history. We're scoring well (and this may go down as substitute playing time expands) and, considering the caliber of opposition, defending on a par. Without going down line by line, guess my downers are the foul shooting and turnovers. But then I expect Geno and the team to move closer to perfection as they demonstrate excellence each year. Chuckle as I look at old score books and realize how low so many of our numbers were back in the 40's.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Through the tough OOC schedule, lots of numbers that compare well or equal to full year history. We're scoring well (and this may go down as substitute playing time expands) and, considering the caliber of opposition, defending on a par. Without going down line by line, guess my downers are the foul shooting and turnovers. But then I expect Geno and the team to move closer to perfection as they demonstrate excellence each year. Chuckle as I look at old score books and realize how low so many of our numbers were back in the 40's.

If you want to compare figures for the same number of games from the last 5 years, you can download the per-40-minutes spreadsheets from 2013 on from here.

There are instructions on the first tab explaining how to have the stat totals for any consecutive string of games computed for you automatically.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It seems to me that they have been playing at a faster pace this year than in the recent past. and they have been baiting the opponents to play at a fast pace. If this is indeed the case, it would mean more possessions, more points on both O and D, mote turnovers. It's hard to compare different seasons.

Reaction Score

HOOPS: very interesting data. Appreciated. And I concur with your "downers"

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
It seems to me that they have been playing at a faster pace this year than in the recent past. and they have been baiting the opponents to play at a fast pace. If this is indeed the case, it would mean more possessions, more points on both O and D, mote turnovers. It's hard to compare different seasons.

Geno was quoted yesterday saying that very thing--that teams are and will try to limit possessions and slow the game down and that UConn has to adjust to speed it up. He also said they aren't a natural or particularly good pressing team so it's hard for them to force pace at times.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom