Update on Tulane Coaching Search: Ron Hunter Frontrunner | The Boneyard

Update on Tulane Coaching Search: Ron Hunter Frontrunner

Reaction Score
If Tulane and ECU can turn around (ecu already making strides) league will have the ability to be a top 5 basketball league.

Reaction Score

oh wow. sounds like it's basically a done deal. If LSU gets hammered, it could open up a lot of local recruiting for Tulane if they have the right coach. It's an opportune time for them to make a splash hire.

Reaction Score
Why would he go there?

I know everyone likes to lump Tulane and Tulsa together, but Tulane has a much more potential than Tulsa. A good basketball coach could win there. Tulane football should be one of the better teams in the AAC next year.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I know everyone likes to lump Tulane and Tulsa together, but Tulane has a much more potential than Tulsa. A good basketball coach could win there. Tulane football should be one of the better teams in the AAC next year.

Define potential here? To me that's no different than saying any school in the country has potential with the right coach.

Reaction Score
People say this and yet Tulane has always sucked. Tulsa has always been a far better program than Tulane. The Green Wave has been one of the worst basketball programs in the country and they play in a 90 year old high school gym.

Hunter is a great hire for them but success seems incredibly hard down there considering they've never had it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Define potential here? To me that's no different than saying any school in the country has potential with the right coach.

To some extent any school does, witness Gonzaga. It had nothing going for it except Few and maybe John Stockton. The key is keeping those coaches.

Tulane though, has lots of money, a solid and improving league, a great academic reputation, a nice campus in probably the most fun city in the country, and it’s in a recruiting area that is putting out more and more good basketball players.

Reaction Score
People say this and yet Tulane has always sucked. Tulsa has always been a far better program than Tulane. The Green Wave has been one of the worst basketball programs in the country and they play in a 90 year old high school gym.

Hunter is a great hire for them but success seems incredibly hard down there considering they've never had it.

To me its the quality of the school, its money, and location. In the past they have been held back by their conference, now that they are in the AAC there are no limits, its all about finding the coach that has the vision and makes it happen. No different than UCONN in 1985.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
To some extent any school does, witness Gonzaga. It had nothing going for it except Few and maybe John Stockton. The key is keeping those coaches.

Tulane though, has lots of money, a solid and improving league, a great academic reputation, a nice campus in probably the most fun city in the country, and it’s in a recruiting area that is putting out more and more good basketball players.

And yet with all they have what 3 NCAA tournament appearances in the modern era?

I've heard the same thing for years about Rutgers football. Potential means nothing.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
And yet with all they have what 3 NCAA tournament appearances in the modern era?

I've heard the same thing for years about Rutgers football. Potential means nothing.

I don’t think they were really trying. I think they are now. I’m not predicting they will be Kentucky, but they can be competitive.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom