OT: Update on my wife. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Update on my wife.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
So...I went to the hospital. Expecting to say goodbye. My wife opened her eyes. The said she would probably not know us. She is one tough you know what. She hugged me. The nurse was undressing her and was irritating my wife. She said to my wife....If I am bothering you, feel free to flip me off. My wife gave her the finger. How's THAT for responsive.

Sounds like your wife is a spitfire so i hope she wont mind me saying ....

Didnt see that comin!

This made my night.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I can't even imagine how painful this must be. My thoughts are with you and your family

Reaction Score
So many of you have reached to me - I wanted to provide an update.
Yesterday morning while attending adult day care, my wife choked on a muffin. They were not able to revive her. She is on life support while I make the most difficult decision of my life. Just processing everything. Thanks to all for your support.
I hope this is OK to post...as many of you reached to me in threads and privately.
So Sorry Madmann, I lost my Daughter 4 yrs ago from having a seizure in her sleep never got to say goodbye to her. I know what you are going thru and I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I am here if you need to talk. if needed please talk to someone professional. It really does help you get thru it.

Reaction Score
I had to watch my cousin make the call for his Dad, my uncle. In the end it was easy because we both knew what he would’ve definitely wanted. Either way, it was not a pleasant experience, or easy to do.. You’re in my prayers, Brother.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So many of you have reached to me - I wanted to provide an update.
Yesterday morning while attending adult day care, my wife choked on a muffin. They were not able to revive her. She is on life support while I make the most difficult decision of my life. Just processing everything. Thanks to all for your support.
I hope this is OK to post...as many of you reached to me in threads and privately.

Sorry to hear this. Will be praying for you, your wife, and all the decisions.

Reaction Score
Continuing to think and pray for you! Hoping that burst of energy & spunk continues. Best wishes & prayers your way for sure!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wow. I’m very sorry to hear this. Just remember that no one knows your wife or her current circumstances better than you do. Make whatever decision you feel is right, it will be. My thoughts go out to you.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
So...I went to the hospital. Expecting to say goodbye. My wife opened her eyes. The said she would probably not know us. She is one tough you know what. She hugged me. The nurse was undressing her and was irritating my wife. She said to my wife....If I am bothering you, feel free to flip me off. My wife gave her the finger. How's THAT for responsive.

That is a good sign and my prayers are that this improves more for that quality time you two can spend together no matter how long she has

God bless

Reaction Score
Scary that she aspirated like that. Not shocking that a muffin was the culprit. Happy that she’s improving. Is she off the ventilator?

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm saddened by the story, but elated at the update. All the best to you and your family during this difficult time.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Absolutely heartbreaking. Both of you are in my thoughts. This is the first I heard of it.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Praying for her and you

Reaction Score
Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom