Update On Moriah With The Lynx | The Boneyard

Update On Moriah With The Lynx

Reaction Score
From Swish Appeal:
(Moriah Jefferson resurrects her career, now a key fantasy basketball asset)

Moriah Jefferson (Minnesota Lynx)

Jefferson was picked up by the Lynx after getting bought out by the Dallas Wings and has made an immediate impact. In four games as Minnesota’s starting point guard, Jefferson has averaged 15.5 points, 5.5 assists and two steals and has hit 6-of-11 threes (54.5 percent).

Outlook: What a turnaround! Jefferson’s career had seemingly come to a dead end in Dallas, but she’s proving that she still has plenty left in the tank for a Minnesota team that is struggling to find continuity in its lineups. Jefferson has historically not been a high-usage player during her career, but while the numbers she’s put up thus far in Minnesota aren’t sustainable, she’s still in an infinitely better spot for fantasy production than she was in Dallas and should be rostered.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Just goes to show how the right situation can do wonders. Moriah is NOT a "shoot first" or "ball dominant" guard. She's a facilitator and will take her shot when open. When you have volume shooters like Ogunbowale (also 1 on 1 dominant players), it's not a good fit for a facilitating guard like Moriah. I hope she flourishes in Minny.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
From Swish Appeal:
(Moriah Jefferson resurrects her career, now a key fantasy basketball asset)

Moriah Jefferson (Minnesota Lynx)

Jefferson was picked up by the Lynx after getting bought out by the Dallas Wings and has made an immediate impact. In four games as Minnesota’s starting point guard, Jefferson has averaged 15.5 points, 5.5 assists and two steals and has hit 6-of-11 threes (54.5 percent).

Outlook: What a turnaround! Jefferson’s career had seemingly come to a dead end in Dallas, but she’s proving that she still has plenty left in the tank for a Minnesota team that is struggling to find continuity in its lineups. Jefferson has historically not been a high-usage player during her career, but while the numbers she’s put up thus far in Minnesota aren’t sustainable, she’s still in an infinitely better spot for fantasy production than she was in Dallas and should be rostered.
I’m not sure why the article suggests that the numbers Mo has put up thus far in Minnesota, “aren’t sustainable.” Why not? She put up great numbers for 3 years at UConn. Now that Mo has finally been given a real chance to show what she can do in the W, there’s no going back.

Reaction Score
Speaking of UConn PG’s with Lynx, why did they release Crystal Dangerfield?

Don’t follow W closely but recall she won ROY just 2 seasons ago.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Speaking of UConn PG’s with Lynx, why did they release Crystal Dangerfield?

Don’t follow W closely but recall she won ROY just 2 seasons ago.
She landed in the perfect situation in the perfect year for her ROY - the #1 pick was sidelined by injury as well as a few other high picks, and a bunch of others were coming off the bench for limited minutes. She landed in MN which desperately needed a PG and played major minutes in a reduced season. Her minutes were halved in her second season and she struggled and obvious Reeves lost confidence in her. She is playing on a couple of hardship contracts and maybe she will click somewhere and get a regular contract for the rest of the year.

As for MoJeff - don't see why she couldn't keep these numbers up if she stays healthy. She would have more assists if her team could get out of their shooting slump. And getting more comfortable with teammates and coaching should also help.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Mo jammed a finger tonight, had it taped, and sat out a chunk of the second half. I hope she heals fast!

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Mo jammed a finger tonight, had it taped, and sat out a chunk of the second half. I hope she heals fast!
As for MoJeff - don't see why she couldn't keep these numbers up if she stays healthy.

I think this is the key element for MoJeff -- stay on the floor. That continuity helps any player technically and emotionally.

Reaction Score
The numbers are sustainable if she gets the minutes. Look at her rookie numbers.
This! She was so vital in her first season, but struggled with injuries after. She’s always maintained her ability to hit the open 3, play solid defense, and pass the ball. But her offensive output really declined playing next to a ball dominant guard in Dallas. Maybrey does well in Dallas because she just chooses times to call her own number. Very different type of player.

I’m happy to see she’s having success in Minnesota, because for a long time I really thought she was one of the USA basketball PGs of the next generation. To me, she was really underutilized in Dallas, once she was back and healthy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom