2022 Recruiting: - Update on Cam Whitmore | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Update on Cam Whitmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn still making a hard charge at him.

Talk UConn, they have been on you hard.

Whitmore: “Coach Hurley said I can help them win another title if I were to join their program and start by playing the two. He said I can have an impact on both sides of the floor for them.”

Reaction Score
“Coach Hurley said I can help them win another title if I were to join their program and start by playing the two. He said I can have an impact on both sides of the floor for them.”

Cam is already bigger than Hawkins who will be our starting SG in 2022 so that's an interesting comment. is hurley keen on landing an even bigger wing to play SF in 2022? If AJ goes pro after his sophomore year someone can come right in and start at SF in 2022. maybe hurley is just trying to get bigger at every position. that's certainly the way things seem to be trending.

Reaction Score
Cam is already bigger than Hawkins who will be our starting SG in 2022 so that's an interesting comment. is hurley keen on landing an even bigger wing to play SF in 2022? If AJ goes pro after his sophomore year someone can come right in and start at SF in 2022. maybe hurley is just trying to get bigger at every position. that's certainly the way things seem to be trending.
FWIW, Hurley played Jared Terrell at the 2 at URI. Clocked in at 6'3 215.

Reaction Score
Mods can take this down if I'm not supposed to cut and paste this link, but it is an informative breakdown of Cam Whitmore's game. Key points: he didn't play for a year or more as a frosh due to a knee, seems to be fully recovered, a strong power player that draws fouls, scores on 3 levels. I do like the fact that he hit 14 of 15 free throws in a big tournament game. Plays out of position at the 4/5 in high school so I'm sure he would actually be comfortable at the 2/3 rather than just SG. Playing out of position isn't as important to him as doing what is necessary to help the team win. I like that comment from the narrator.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Mods can take this down if I'm not supposed to cut and paste this link, but it is an informative breakdown of Cam Whitmore's game. Key points: he didn't play for a year or more as a frosh due to a knee, seems to be fully recovered, a strong power player that draws fouls, scores on 3 levels. I do like the fact that he hit 14 of 15 free throws in a big tournament game. Plays out of position at the 4/5 in high school so I'm sure he would actually be comfortable at the 2/3 rather than just SG. Playing out of position isn't as important to him as doing what is necessary to help the team win. I like that comment from the narrator.

Is there anyone we've had on past teams that was so versatile and strong? On this year's team maybe Jackson?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Is there anyone we've had on past teams that was so versatile and strong? On this year's team maybe Jackson?
This kid is basically a less developed, and slightly less athletic version of Jackson. Not a bad player to add to our foundation.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
He plays a bit like former MSU Spartan Miles Bridges. He's not the high level athlete at this comparative stage, but same size (6'6"/6'7"), good explosiveness, good touch and alpha dog style. He presents match-up issues and could come in and help immediately regardless of whether AJ is here or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom