Upcoming home and home series with SDSU | The Boneyard

Upcoming home and home series with SDSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From their twitter....

@SDSU_NewsTeam SDSU_NewsTeam

UConn has already agreed to a home and home arrangement with SDSU basketball - according to Jim Sterk

Reaction Score
I'm surprised they would want to play us at this low of an elevation.. I'm guessing they're just getting us primed for a neutral site game on Mt. Everest in the near future

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
When does this start? Next season?

Reaction Score
Let the high altitude training commence immediately in case this comes to pass.

Reaction Score
I don't mind this. Their fans were annoying, but they've got a solid coach and a great location. And any road game in OOC is a good road game.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Their fans were pathetic. They still call kemba a cheater because he fell when their idiot freshman shouldered him on the way to the bench during a TO. That turned the game for us right there, so I thank that dolt for his stupidity and kemba for being braver, stronger, and smarter than Chuck Norris.

Reaction Score
While I am just a day or so out from bitching about how bad Quse fans are I might as well throw in that SDSU fans seemed to be constantly stoned and had almost no basketball knowledge whatsoever. They were universally awful. To their credit most seemed like they were 17 years old and stoned (at least I hope they were stoned- if not they were just plain stupid).​

Reaction Score
Hearing from one of the uconn reporters this is not a done deal

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
besides the were already there so its a extra game making the trip more useful, i don't see the good in this. if were going to play at sdsu then 2 days later vs az on a boat, thats fine and it makes sense. if thats not the case, then its stupid. if were looking for a midmajor to play a home and home with thats stupid, we play h-h with big boys. were not bcu.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
besides the were already there so its a extra game making the trip more useful, i don't see the good in this. if were going to play at sdsu then 2 days later vs az on a boat, thats fine and it makes sense. if thats not the case, then its stupid. if were looking for a midmajor to play a home and home with thats stupid, we play h-h with big boys. were not bcu.

Playing AZ and SDSU on one road trip would be insane. Much better to make separate trips.

www.theshowsdsu.com/espn

Reaction Score
That would be great and I certainly hope it happens. SDSU basketball has gotten progressively better under Steve Fisher; and I live 8 miles from the SDSU campus. I have not seen a Uconn game live since they played Pepperdine a few years ago.

Reaction Score
kind of off topic question, but since the carrier classic was brought up here, will that be on the same ship and in the same location as the one this year?

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Why?

Play two road games against Top 50 teams within (presumably) 48 hours of one another to start the year?

Reaction Score
i'm sure they'd have alot of cupcakes thrown in there before and after to even it out. I like the idea, Duke's doing it this year with all the roadtrips.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
I guess we should never play in Hawaii again or any other early season tournament according to this logic.

"Play two road games against Top 50 teams within (presumably) 48 hours of one another to start the year?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom