UNR per-40 stats now online | The Boneyard

UNR per-40 stats now online

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Download your choice of workbooks here.

When I left the arena last nite, I was pretty unsettled. I go to see the women create beautiful basketball and I'm rarely disappointed. But, running through the game in my head as I was falling asleep, I saw some things I missed at the game because I was looking for the ad hoc choreography we'll no doubt see later in the year.

To wit:
  • Geno had the team in zone for a lot of the game, which doesn't happen often. And the ladies' discomfort with that was evident, as was their friquent miscues.
  • Geno had the team walk the ball up to the offensive end most of the time. Also not their usual style.
  • There was a new offense in evidence, with the perimeter players not always certain about where the interior players were going to be.
  • It also seemed that Napheesa was under orders to take more perimeter shots.
  • Gabby was not herself. I watched in wonder as -- twice -- she was the last one back on defense. Obviously under the weather.
I did not miss that UNR played tenacious, unrelenting defense and ran their offense most of the time.

So, it was obvious that Geno was using this game to try things with the team. It's deep but unseasoned except for the starters and it seems he's looking to see what they can produce in different configurations. Don't forget, Geno doesn't consider it a crisis if the team loses a non-tournament game -- as many fans do -- he's pointing toward the post-season.

Originally, I thought that Kia was my player of the game because her points were most of the MOV and I was amazed at her confidence in the 3s, but, looking at the stats as I entered them, I realized she'd have to share with Azura, who really filled up her stat line and was the reason the team's A/TO ration was greater than 1.

Happy that Kyla got some tough game time, a rebound and an assist in the first 90 seconds on the floor played pretty good defense, passed well, and ended up with 5 points on unforced shots. With Batouly needing time to get into the swing of game play, it's good to have another forward available who's contributing.

Reaction Score
When I left the arena last nite, I was pretty unsettled. I go to see the women create beautiful basketball and I'm rarely disappointed. But, running through the game in my head as I was falling asleep, I saw some things I missed at the game because I was looking for the ad hoc choreography we'll no doubt see later in the year.
Thanks, Jack, for the stats and for the thorough and erudite analysis. You nailed it.

[on edit] Just curious...why do you center the data in some columns and not others, beyond column C?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson
Top Bottom