Universal or Disney, Who you got? | The Boneyard

Universal or Disney, Who you got?

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
This will be my third year in a row going to Universal Orlando. In my opinion, Universal is the funnest place on earth. Anyone else love Universal or prefer Disney?
First year my daughter and I stayed at Cabana Bay. Was a nice time but the trek through city walk security wasn’t fun. Second year, we stayed at the Hard Rock. Less waiting and more fun. This year, we’re staying at Royal Pacific. I expect this to be the most fun.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
We’re taking our kids for the first time this October and while I’m not particularly looking forward to the crowds, I’m excited for the kids who will be over the moon. We’re indulging a little bit staying at the Grand Floridian since we didn’t go on our usual Maine vacation this year. The amount of planning for this trip is insane but both Magic Kingdom and Universal are on our schedule along with Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. I’m going to need a vacation after this vacation I think…

Reaction Score
We go to universal twice a year and do annual passes. we used to do Disney but crowds are huge and rides stink compared to universal. Going in November but might try seaworld too. We get to the universal and are out by noon then back to hotel to hang out. My kids don’t want to do a week or more at the beach so we always end up in Orlando

Reaction Score
First time we stayed at the Royal Pacific. Boat rides to Universal and possible to walk. Next time, we tried Cabana Bay because the kids wanted 2 days at Volcano Bay, they upgraded us to a suite overlooking the Volcano.

We've been to Disneyland in Cali. 2 or 3x, which my kids enjoyed. Last year we went as a family with my brothers and children. What a nightmare. We paid for all the extras and on one of the days (inside Hollywood Studios) we couldn't manage to get booked on a single ride. Why? Because we couldn't control the app. We walked in and they told us to "friend" each other on the app, but what they didn't tell us was that everytime someone on the app booked a new ride, it would kick our previous reservation. We couldnt figure out what was happening until halfway through the day because we weren't all together.

My kids definitely prefer Universal but I'm glad that period of life is over for all of us (though they'd never turn down Volcano Bay).

ADVICE FOR MEN: if you're going down the drop tube slide, protect your nuts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Neither
For various reasons

I went 2 years in a row in the mid 80s and stayed at the Polynesian Village. Lovely Hotel and great people. The park itself? Left after 2 hours and went back to the hotel and watched college basketball. In the 2 years the family spent 6 days at the resort and I spent only those 2 hours in the park. Not my thing - obnoxious tourists. Happy that my kids and wife enjoyed it but they also could only spend a few hours everyday in the park.

Loved Busch Gardens

I know people who go annually multiple times and more power to them. Most of them have one thing in common - never did much vacationing as a kid.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ADVICE FOR MEN: if you're going down the drop tube slide, protect your nuts
I feel that we have taken so many conference realignment last minute shots to the nuts that the tube slide poses no threat to us.

Reaction Score
I’m strongly Disney over Universal. My family didn’t travel very much growing up besides visiting the CT shoreline for a week or two every summer. So those family Disney trips every 4-5 years growing up were by far and away the best travel memories I have. I’m 28 now and it still has a very special feel for me. I can easily see why people hate the place though. My wife and sister both prefer Universal as it’s more adult-y.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I have never been to Disney, will be going for the first time for my daughter's 4th birthday next month with a "Disney Family" so it should be an interesting trip.

My only experience at Universal was awesome because I was there on a business trip and the company I work for supplied all the equipment for the Hulk roller coaster and Spiderman ride. They shut down the Island of Adventure for us one night so we had free reign of all the rides with no lines, which was awesome. Not sure a packed Disney will be able to compete with that experience.

Reaction Score
We go to universal twice a year and do annual passes. we used to do Disney but crowds are huge and rides stink compared to universal. Going in November but might try seaworld too. We get to the universal and are out by noon then back to hotel to hang out. My kids don’t want to do a week or more at the beach so we always end up in Orlando
Roller coasters at SeaWorld are underrated IMO.

WeAreUCONN

Why So Serious ¿
Reaction Score
Roller coasters at SeaWorld are underrated IMO.
I hate coasters but I enjoyed feeding and petting the dolphins. All I really remember about Seaworld. The arcade was cool too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It's been a long time since I've been to Universal. Recently went to Disney for the first time in almost a decade and it was fantastic. I enjoyed it 8 years ago, but we didn't have kids then. It was infinitely better with kids, seeing them experience everything was a blast. My daughter who was 5 almost 6 when we went was able to go on every ride including all of the roller coasters and loved them, so that was pretty great.

From my memory of Universal though, I would imagine it's got better rides. I remember the Hulk coaster in particular and one with fire and ice dragons? If I didn't have kids I'd probably choose Universal but again I haven't been in about 20 years.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Ditch the kids and pass out midway through drinks around the world at Epcot. It's the only way.

This is the one thing that sucks about going with kids, I had to be slightly more responsible and only had 2 drinks at Epcot. :(

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom