Uniforms | The Boneyard

Uniforms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully Hurley sees this--I know he's superstitious and the last time we wore the throwbacks we lost, but look at what the women just did in their throwbacks. The men certainly haven't been playing their best basketball recently, maybe this is a needed change that will right the ship. They should come out on Tuesday with the throwbacks on.

I'd also like to see the gray uniforms make a comeback.

Reaction Score
They lost the opportunity the throwback game was Georgetown and they chose not to. Would look a little silly to now pull them out when the promo was a couple weeks ago but we’re talking uconn so it would be pretty fitting

Reaction Score
Hurley has some really stupid quirks. He’s superstitious about the throwback jerseys because they lost? Last I checked they lost in their regular jerseys too. Maybe they should toss those too.
Throwbacks are officially taboo with the UConn mens basketball program. The throwbacks we wore last season are done because Hurley is superstitious about losing in them. It’s the same thing with the 1994 throwbacks we wore for much of the 2005-2006 season. Those officially became taboo because thats what we wore when we lost to George Mason. It’s a shame because those are probably one of my favorite all time UConn uniforms.

Reaction Score
The last time they wore their blue uniforms they lost so I guess they can’t wear those anymore either.

Reaction Score
I don't really care for the old logo(s). Or I prefer the new logo. So I can do without throwbacks.

Reaction Score
Series 13 Reaction GIF by Doctor Who

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hurley has some really stupid quirks. He’s superstitious about the throwback jerseys because they lost? Last I checked they lost in their regular jerseys too. Maybe they should toss those too.
Of course then they’d be playing without any uniforms on. It’s not like Hurley is Kevin Bannon so I’m guessing he’d be opposed to that.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Hurley sees this--I know he's superstitious and the last time we wore the throwbacks we lost, but look at what the women just did in their throwbacks. The men certainly haven't been playing their best basketball recently, maybe this is a needed change that will right the ship. They should come out on Tuesday with the throwbacks on.

I'd also like to see the gray uniforms make a comeback.
I think youre on to something. I think if we wear throwbacks, sacrifice a chicken at half court and the players put 4 leaf clovers in their jocks this thing will get turned around asap. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Throwbacks are officially taboo with the UConn mens basketball program. The throwbacks we wore last season are done because Hurley is superstitious about losing in them. It’s the same thing with the 1994 throwbacks we wore for much of the 2005-2006 season. Those officially became taboo because thats what we wore when we lost to George Mason. It’s a shame because those are probably one of my favorite all time UConn uniforms.
Whats Hurleys excuse for losing with the normal unis? What a load of bs. Superstitious nonsense is a plague on humanity.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To me, it's not the uniforms it's what is underneath them that counts

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
It will be really tough to find any jersey that we have not lost in. I think we should ditch the whole cannot wear it because we lost in it superstition.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
There’s the throwbacks, toss those away fine whatever.

We also have black alternates and cream/gray alternates that the players and recruits clearly love because those are what everyone posts pictures of themselves in on visits. This is a huge part of college bball right now and to just say you’re not going to wear throwbacks/because you lost once is asinine.

Is he superstitious enough to not go an entire season without making adjustments?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We should wear the same uniforms the women wore vs Tenn. Or we could go all Oregon football and wear a different uni every game.

Reaction Score
There’s the throwbacks, toss those away fine whatever.

We also have black alternates and cream/gray alternates that the players and recruits clearly love because those are what everyone posts pictures of themselves in on visits. This is a huge part of college bball right now and to just say you’re not going to wear throwbacks/because you lost once is asinine.

Is he superstitious enough to not go an entire season without making adjustments?

He's nuts. The guy burns sage and won't wear uniforms they've lost in. He's neurotic and unhinged just about every time you see him step on a basketball court.

Nuts is fine if you win games though. More than fine--good basketball coaches are generally absolute nutjobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom