Uni Watch: College Football Preview (UConn mention) | The Boneyard

Uni Watch: College Football Preview (UConn mention)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
From http://espn.go.com/college-football...st-college-football-uni-watch-preview-history

UConn isn't a football powerhouse, but a lot of people may be talking about them this season anyway. The school has a new logo, which is the basis for the season's most audacious new helmet design. The Huskies also have new jerseys and pants, but nobody's even going to notice that because all eyes will be on the helmet. (One note: In that last photo link, you can see a two versions of the helmet -- one white and one blue. The white design is the primary helmet, with the blue design reserved for occasional use.)

Reaction Score
While I DESPISE white helmets, UConn got one thing perfectly right with the new design. They put the acronym UCONN above the facemask instead of a conference affiliation. I hope that doesn't change until such time as the University is invited to the B1G.

Reaction Score
I am actually a big fan of white helmets. To me, they always look so clean. I have always liked Miami's helmet with the white facemask as well. Since going to our newer uniforms (last 3-4 years), I actually think the all white uniform (pants, shirt) is the sharpest.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The helmet is growing on me if the logo isn't. Does the red outline cut across the top of the logo head like it appears to do. Yeeech.

Reaction Score
They should also note that this is the first case in history where a helmet design made it a requirement to change the logo (which still looks like a teddy bear at a distance and like it was downloaded from some free online site up close). But there is rejoicing in Maryland because their helmet is no longer the laughing stock of college football.

Reaction Score
They should also note that this is the first case in history where a helmet design made it a requirement to change the logo (which still looks like a teddy bear at a distance and like it was downloaded from some free online site up close). But there is rejoicing in Maryland because their helmet is no longer the laughing stock of college football.

Too bad the season is starting tomorrow all these important issues are going to be lost in the talk about actual games

HuskyV

Connecticut UConn Husky
Reaction Score
I would like new black helmets with GIF of the 13-17 second portion of this video being projected.

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting black anything. I bet that next season we see a red jersey though. And Warde, Nike and company will try and convince us that red is one of UConn's official colors.

Reaction Score
Too bad the season is starting tomorrow all these important issues are going to be lost in the talk about actual games

Too bad the same idiots who whine about the helmets and the supposed lack on SNY coverage will continue to whine about every little frickin thing they can find.

When the season starts it just gives them more ammunition. It's kinda like on the BB board when UConn goes down by 6 points in the first half and every player on the team sucks and KO or JC can't coach a flea to jump.

These people could suck the energy out of a power plant.

Reaction Score
We balance out the pom pom girls who cheer their little hearts out even in blowout losses...

Reaction Score
We balance out the pom pom girls who cheer their little hearts out even in blowout losses...

You are approaching HFD territory. Your input on this board is worthless. Why do you even bother? Like I've said before you are an angry, crotchety, old man.

Reaction Score
pom_poms.gif

Reaction Score
But there is rejoicing in Maryland because their helmet is no longer the laughing stock of college football.

Don't worry, I'm sure Maryland has a version of freescooter who never misses an opportunity to listen to himself whine about the abominations that are their helmets.

Reaction Score

the difference is they are little girls; they don't go out and act like little girls

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
I would like new black helmets with GIF of the 13-17 second portion of this video being projected.

That would be pretty scary...

Reaction Score
"Crimson" is now an official color of our athletic department, along with "National Flag Blue" and white. Can someone please go to our Wikipedia football entry and fix the palette of school colors? I tried and can't do it.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
"Crimson" is now an official color of our athletic department, along with "National Flag Blue" and white. Can someone please go to our Wikipedia football entry and fix the palette of school colors? I tried and can't do it.

Here are the official school colors:
UConn colors.jpg

Reaction Score
You are approaching HFD territory. Your input on this board is worthless. Why do you even bother? Like I've said before you are an angry, crotchety, old man.
Hey, I'm happy to talk football. But look at the top 5-6 items on this board. ESPN3, Uniwatch, the size of the new scoreboard, games on SNY and a couple of other numb things, none of which have much to do with tomorrow's game, maybe the ESPN 3 thing is relevant since it vaguely discusses how to get it from online to tv. You have to go halfway down the board to find anything related to the game and nobody has posted there for a couple of hours. apparently people would prefer to discuss these more global issues with the program.

UConn Dan

Reaction Score
Also, I found this odd... the new logo not avail until July 1, 2014... a typo? OR is there an exclusive period to certain licensees?

dog head.jpg

Reaction Score
Here are the official school colors:
View attachment 3568
Thank you.

Someone please help me out. Men's and women's basketball came out perfect. Men's and women's ice hockey won't show gray. Football won't show any colors at all. And men's soccer looks totally messed up now. All I did was add gray and copy and paste amongst all the programs. Colors came out perfect on the school's page, too. I do have a degree in IT, but not all that familiar with coding.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Huskies_men's_soccer

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Huskies_football

Came out perfectly here as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Connecticut_Huskies

Reaction Score
I'm not expecting black anything. I bet that next season we see a red jersey though. And Warde, Nike and company will try and convince us that red is one of UConn's official colors.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a variation of grey in our units. they did it in basketball already. that along with some form of matted grey helmet incorporating our traditional colors in the helmet as well. that matted color look has become popular.

Reaction Score
They are growing on me also. I wanted white helmets with the blue block C for a long time. But I can live with these. Just win.

Reaction Score
People, just because they use red and gray does not make them the school colors. They have been using those colors for decades.

In fact in the rebranding announcement they specifically stated "The colors of the institution will continue to be navy and white, with red, gray, and metallic serving as accent colors for athletic teams."

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
People, just because the use red and gray does not make them the school colors. They have been using those colors for decades.

In fact in the rebranding announcement they specifically stated "The colors of the institution will continue to be navy and white, with red, gray, and metallic serving as accent colors for athletic teams."
No no- we have it on the authority of Freescooter that Nike was holding SH and WM at gunpoint saying YER GONNA MAKE RED YOUR SCHOOL COLOR AND YER GONNA LIKE IT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom