OT: Unconsumer friendly pub... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Unconsumer friendly pub...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That would be my thought. He is mad enough to write a long post about it but not mad enough to tell anyone else not to go there.
took me about 10 seconds to google and find the name of the bar located in "Rochambeau Mall," but I won't tip you off.

Reaction Score
Most bars do that same thing. At a party a sign read Domestic $4, Import $6, and they charged me $6 for a Sam Adams. I made a joke to the poor sap working the bar and I don't think he understood that hauling a beer from Boston wasn't considered importing.

And to add a little more trivial data ... I was told by a Boston bartender that Sam Adams is now mass produced in Cincinnati. Only small runs are produced in Boston ...

Reaction Score
Those bad boys are $2 all day and night, with Live music, at the Half Door in Hartford. Who says there are no good specials?
I remember 20 or so years ago when I went to the half door on $2 wednesday pint nights, that their guinness pint was replaced with a different glass that I can only assume held less Guinness than the normal Guinness pint. Hence the $2 charge.

I'll pay the regular fare for a regular pour in a regular Guinness pint glass.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I remember 20 or so years ago when I went to the half door on $2 wednesday pint nights, that their guinness pint was replaced with a different glass that I can only assume held less Guinness than the normal Guinness pint. Hence the $2 charge.

I'll pay the regular fare for a regular pour in a regular Guinness pint glass.

I cant speak to the past, but they use a real pint glass. But I am with you on places that do those small glasses (I think Black Bear does this) - it is extremely annoying.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I've been to that original brewery and pub in Cesky Budevice. Whole bunch of trashed Czechoslovak soldiers in there, for literally days. I was crossing the border back into Austria near Linz shortly after, and stopped the car for the booth and the guard on duty I recognized from being in the pub. He did not remember me. He asked me why I was stopping. I asked him if he wanted to see my passport. He replied: "What for?" and waived me through.

True story.

Went to Ontario with the wife back in September. Coming back into the US, I told the border guard that I had 8 bottles of wine with me....when I really had 6. Not sure why I lied.....but I did...and he didn't care.

Also not sure why I just typed this other than to add to ....this is going to be a long offseason...

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score
I cant speak to the past, but they use a real pint glass. But I am with you on places that do those small glasses (I think Black Bear does this) - it is extremely annoying.

Especially if a Guinness is in said glass. Nothing short of 20oz should ever be poured.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
That's not the point & you know it. The point is the signage was ambiguous. I didn't make an issue of it. I just don't like misleading advertising.
As ambiguous as "unconsumer friendly"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam