UNC was down by eight well into second half but up by 1 with eleven second left

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
two points, two seconds

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Shegog fouled, misses both free throws, Miami rebounds but can't score.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Wow. Sure didn't expect this result. UNC over Miami 65-63.

In looking at the boxscore, UNC won despite turning the ball over 31 times (total of 51 TOs in the game). A low scoring game considering the teams, but 51 TOs by both teams will do that. UNC shot the ball better than Miami and made 19 of 22 FTs.

Miami has now lost to Tenn, Gtown and UNC.

In other ACC action, Duke downed UVa 77-66 and Md beat FSU 91-70.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Not a good night for Tenn. They needed for both UVA and Miami to win.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Not a good night for Tenn. They needed for both UVA and Miami to win.
Heh. Yeah, their fans love to bash UNC's OOC schedule and boast about their "best" win over that Miami powerhouse.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Tennessee, at this stage of the season, is a dangerous team but not close to being a legit contender. I see them as pretty much at the same level they were last year at best. I expect ND to beat them and for them to drop at least a game in SEC play. They will be a two seed because their schedule strength is top notch. Of course, they could put it all together by seasons's end, but I don't see it at this stage.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Tennessee, at this stage of the season, is a dangerous team but not close to being a legit contender. I see them as pretty much at the same level they were last year at best. I expect ND to beat them and for them to drop at least a game in SEC play. They will be a two seed because their schedule strength is top notch. Of course, they could put it all together by seasons's end, but I don't see it at this stage.
Dangerous? Yeah, in Knoxville, but anywhere else, not so much.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Certainly, they play better at home than on the road, but so does everyone else. When 100%, they've got a few kids capable of doing serious damage any given game. There's just not a ton of consistency, and possibly not a ton of belief.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I agree. With all the attention on Massengale and the impact she's had on Tenn's offense -- and I think Massengale is as good as advertised -- I don't think this year's Tenn team is better than last years, at least not at this point in the season. Defensively the LVols have not improved at all over last year (and may in fact be worse), and Simmons and Baugh have been inconsistent. This team will need to improve quite a bit to contend for a NC by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Also in the ACC ... Boston College CAME FROM BEHIND to edge Central, 57-49.

OMG, Sylvia Crawley needs to go asap.

Fortunately for BC, the ACC has some truly terrible teams this year. (A bad VaTech team destroyed Clemson 55-33 tonight.) But I still don't see them close to 10 wins.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score

OMG, Sylvia Crawley needs to go asap.

Fortunately for BC, the ACC has some truly terrible teams this year. (A bad VaTech team destroyed Clemson 55-33 tonight.) But I still don't see them close to 10 wins.

I think only 3 teams are truly terrible... VPI, Clemson, and apparently BC. Wake isnt good.... but they arent bottom of the barrel bad either. Ill see for myself this friday night.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I think only 3 teams are truly terrible... VPI, Clemson, and apparently BC. Wake isnt good.... but they arent bottom of the barrel bad either. Ill see for myself this friday night.
I tend to agree. Wake seems to usually play a weak OOC schedule, then perform midling in conference.
Any hope for Florida State? I know they had a brutal OOC, but I don't know if there are real issues or if they are just so/so. The score of tonights game was not encouraging.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Um, Tennessee isn't the only one who would have preferred a Miami win.

Those are the 2 losses that RU has, although some RU fans sound ok because they want Miami to drop (so RU moves up) in the rankings. As an RPI / SOS believer, I would have preferred a Miami win.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
i don't disagree about them being a dangerous team. their fans will tell you they are always a legit contender. i suppose anything is possible. but i tend to agree that right now, they are on the outside looking in. but the SEC is really pretty bad. Kentucky barely escaped against a pretty bad florida team.

i realize on any given night, but that holds true much more for the men's side. i really don't see anyone beating them in the SEC. still, a team that starts or plays 4 seniors and 1 junior with significant minutes should not have regressed from last year. well, maybe not regressed, but they already have as many losses as they had the entire season last year. i really hope ND stomps them.

i think their fans expected that Massengale was the missing piece and would lead them to NC #9. they are delusional if they think they will even sniff a NC starting next season for the next 3 years or so.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Um, Tennessee isn't the only one who would have preferred a Miami win.

Those are the 2 losses that RU has, although some RU fans sound ok because they want Miami to drop (so RU moves up) in the rankings. As an RPI / SOS believer, I would have preferred a Miami win.
nah you guys will be fine. IF you only lose to UCONN and ND in the big east you will find yourselves pretty firmly in the top 10 by year end and probably a 2-3 seed. that's just me talking off the top of my head. and if you beat UCONN or ND, i'd say that would firmly put you in the 2-seed range. the BE will be brutal this year. L'ville and Georgetown are legit top 20 teams too.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Central Connecticut State? The 6-7 CCSU? Holy cow, I thought it was at least Central Michigan.

The entire BC Athletic Dept has gone down the tubes. The women are 5-8, the men are 5-9 (and winless against all the New England teams they've faced) and the football team was 4-8. I feel for the young men & women working so hard for their teams but I hope Flipper is twisting in the wind.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Central Connecticut State? I feel for the young men & women working so hard for their teams but I hope Flipper is twisting in the wind.
Sooner the better.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Central Connecticut State? The 6-7 CCSU? Holy cow, I thought it was at least Central Michigan.

The entire BC Athletic Dept has gone down the tubes. The women are 5-8, the men are 5-9 (and winless against all the New England teams they've faced) and the football team was 4-8. I feel for the young men & women working so hard for their teams but I hope Flipper is twisting in the wind.
The men got hammered by a pretty good Harvard team by about 20. Harvard! BC is an embarassment to the ACC.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The men got hammered by a pretty good Harvard team by about 20. Harvard! BC is an embarassment to the ACC.
Well, at least Harvard is a ranked team but the loss to URI a couple nights ago calls for

|
|
|
\/

BagHead.jpg

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Re Tennessee, I think they can beat many teams outside the top 4 but will likely slip once or twice in the SEC. I think they would need their A+ game to win at South Bend. I look at them as having 5-6 losses and a 2, maybe a 3 seed. Their chances at a national title this year? Maybe 1-2%.

Re UNC, they are unpredictable. I didn't expect them to win or even come close. 31 TOs? I can guess Geno's game plan. I don't expect them to come within 30 of us. But on a good night, they are dangerous.

Re Miami, maybe not as good as some of us thought. I thought they, Duke, and Maryland were about even. We'll have a beter sense in a couple of weeks. Miami will not sneak up on anyone this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom