UNC/NCSU | The Boneyard

UNC/NCSU

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This will probably end up being close, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team soil itself at home like NC State has in the first 8 minutes.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I’m pretty sure Luke Maye was in the same recruiting class as Rashad McCants and Sean May.

I just want to thank Big Red @temery for the deal he made with the Devil. The Boneyard Jinx is so strong it can be conjured up for a regular season ACC game.

Yet still the next time Elon might knock off Duke someone will post how Elon is up 3 with 8 minutes left.

Reaction Score
I just want to thank Big Red @temery for the deal he made with the Devil. The Boneyard Jinx is so strong it can be conjured up for a regular season ACC game.

Yet still the next time Elon might knock off Duke someone will post how Elon is up 3 with 8 minutes left.

The jinx is real.

Reaction Score
Roy hates State more than Duke. He was raised when State was the big rival, and he is always more amped up for those games.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The atmosphere for this game is awesome. Big time ACC in unmatched.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who doesn’t hate NC State? It’s the Ansonia of the south.

I lived in Raleigh for two years. Right up the road from NCSU... um... this is... wrong.

I did football public address in the NVC for a few seasons - I’ve been in deep in both communities.

One night NC State football game is a better experience than an entire year in Storrs.

Reaction Score
I lived in Raleigh for two years. Right up the road from NCSU... um... this is... wrong.

I did football public address in the NVC for a few seasons - I’ve been in deep in both communities.

One night NC State football game is a better experience than an entire year in Storrs.

I forgot you lived there. I have a bunch of University of Maryland members in my family and they are less than complimentary about the Wolfpack fans. The Terps fan base isn’t exactly the greatest though.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I forgot you lived there. I have a bunch of University of Maryland members in my family and they are less than complimentary about the Wolfpack fans. The Terps fan base isn’t exactly the greatest though.

I mean we aren’t talking about the cream of the crop across the board - but the area around the campus is 1000x better than College Park.

Carter-Finley is a great stadium and the RBC Center is a legitimate NHL/NBA arena.

Maryland is a marginally better school and probably has fewer degenerates who tag along - but if you want to have a good time with fun people and get 95% of the education at a slight discount... I bet none of the dorms at Maryland have pools.

Reaction Score

I've lived in Raleigh for past 20 years and the rivalries are epic down here...As a husky alumni, I will always hope and dream that we will come back to the Fiesta Bowl days. Every hour or so, I check the Boneyard. I hope to see new info. I soooo want to get a solid DC who can coach and recruit too.

But again, they truly dislike each other. The rivalries are real!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've lived in Raleigh for past 20 years and the rivalries are epic down here...As a husky alumni, I will always hope and dream that we will come back to the Fiesta Bowl days. Every hour or so, I check the Boneyard. I hope to see new info. I soooo want to get a solid DC who can coach and recruit too.

But again, they truly dislike each other. The rivalries are real!

The northeast is so focused on pro sports its jarring what the triangle is like.

It is like if WEEI went on the air tommorrow and talked Clemson football in between BC/BU/Northeastern basketball.

Reaction Score
Family gatherings are fun in the seasons State is bad, because State fans have such a Charlie Brown complex. They just know this time they’ll kick the football, they never expect Lucy will pull it back. Their lamenting about their coaches and refs and whatever else have made many a gatherings bearable.

Reaction Score
Who doesn’t hate NC State? It’s the Ansonia of the south.
Living here I hate state less than the blue schools mainly out of pity for the fans. Who by the way have a sicker rivalry with ecu than the other schools in football. I’m talking riots and brawls on the field with players and fans.

Reaction Score
Family gatherings are fun in the seasons State is bad, because State fans have such a Charlie Brown complex. They just know this time they’ll kick the football, they never expect Lucy will pull it back. Their lamenting about their coaches and refs and whatever else have made many a gatherings bearable.
Exactly. You must be here on the triangle too. They don’t believe it when their good. And don’t believe it when their bad. Always waiting for the shoe to drop

Reaction Score
I mean we aren’t talking about the cream of the crop across the board - but the area around the campus is 1000x better than College Park.

Carter-Finley is a great stadium and the RBC Center is a legitimate NHL/NBA arena.

Maryland is a marginally better school and probably has fewer degenerates who tag along - but if you want to have a good time with fun people and get 95% of the education at a slight discount... I bet none of the dorms at Maryland have pools.
Or moonshine

Reaction Score
Living here I hate state less than the blue schools mainly out of pity for the fans. Who by the way have a sicker rivalry with ecu than the other schools in football. I’m talking riots and brawls on the field with players and fans.

Having done some time in Carolina for school and a class or two at Wake business school and lived in W-S during the Rodney Rogers, Childress and Duncan years I’m a fan of the Demon Deacons. Saw great games down there.

Did have friends on the Duke hoop team but have always disliked everything about Duke.

Reaction Score
That Childress/Duncan squad in 1995 was absurd. Childress broke my heart that ACC Tournament and I didn’t even care. Just remarkable to watch.

Reaction Score
That Childress/Duncan squad in 1995 was absurd. Childress broke my heart that ACC Tournament and I didn’t even care. Just remarkable to watch.

Childress averaged 35.7 points and 7 assists that tournament. Bonkers.

Reaction Score
Childress was a flat out boss. If Rodney had stayed for his Senior Year could have been Rodney Rodgers, Randolph Childress and Tim Duncan, albeit it Duncan as a freshman - but I think Duncan did average close to a double double as a frosh.

This was classic

Reaction Score
Childress was a flat out boss. If Rodney had stayed for his Senior Year could have been Rodney Rodgers, Randolph Childress and Tim Duncan, albeit it Duncan as a freshman - but I think Duncan did average close to a double double as a frosh.

This was classic

Dude had a lil somethin to say before he took the shot. LOL

Reminds me of this.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

This was classic

crossovers you say? when the hoop deities gathered on mt. wooden and decided that 'carry' was an outdated concept, one UConn giant became the pioneer of the new handle. heck, billy packer even named the latest dance craze 'the smitty shuffle.' ladeeez and gents, hailing from the Park City, I give you the 4 time National Champion UConn Husky All Time Leading Scorer--Mr Christopher Smith!
1992 Chris Smith Becomes All Time Leading Scorer in UConn History

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom