UNC Free Student and Half Price Tickets | The Boneyard

UNC Free Student and Half Price Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
To increase attendance first 300 students get in free and all other tickets are half-price.

Such a shame as UNC has one of the most dynamic young player in the country and have a young exciting team. Shouldn't have to offer free tickets to students and have price tickets. Also if ESPN & UNC were smart they would have the women's game start at 12:30 instead of 3:00 pm as the UNC mens team play at 5:15. Somehow schools that host tournament games, need to get students to attend in mass without offering free tickets.

Reaction Score
is this ok with the NCAA ? I thought the NCAA controls the site.....is UNC paying the NCAA for the tickets / discounts ?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I suspect the academic department will pay the difference if it has to.

is this ok with the NCAA ? I thought the NCAA controls the site.....is UNC paying the NCAA for the tickets / discounts ?

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score

No. It's on the site to set prices and such. This is why hosting is so hard. It COSTS.

Remember Chattanooga, when none of the TN's went there?

The reality for any hosting institution is that there is an inherent financial risk. “We knew that,” said Jay Blackman, Director of Communications and Media Relations at the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, “but because of two years of actually making a small profit on each [previous hosting], I guess we really didn’t fully understand the risk. We really thought we’d get Tennessee or the Lady Mocs (who didn’t make the tournament) or at least Vanderbilt. When we didn’t, it kind of set in that ‘Oh, oh, we could be in trouble here.’” That being said, he feels Chattanooga is definitely interested in putting in future hosting bids. “The experience was good. It’s a fun event. It’s an exciting event to see what teams you are getting. Those are the positives–just the excitement around it.”

The feelings are similar at Texas Tech, one of several sites whose host team wasn’t in the tournament. “I think we enjoyed it,” said Chris Cook, Assistant Athletic Director/Media Relations. “When I say, ‘I think’ I know I enjoyed it. And Texas Tech gets a lot of benefit out of it. We’re showcasing our arena and parts of the campus and our name is out there every time a game is shown.”

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
North Carolina doesn't draw particularly well for WBB. Despite being good in WBB for years, they were only 33rd in attendance this season with an average of 3,088 per game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
didnt UConn have attendance problems when Maya was around... the older/elderly keeps UConn attendance looking good

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
didnt UConn have attendance problems when Maya was around... the older/elderly keeps UConn attendance looking good
Most schools have to have special promotions to help WBB attendance. Attendance in all sports is suffering in recent years due to the advent of HD TVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom