UNC fans, err I mean Arizona State fans | The Boneyard

UNC fans, err I mean Arizona State fans

Reaction Score
This happened to us in Dallas our section was filled with students from local schools (SMU, Rice, etc)

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Yea, I was in the student section in 2014 and was with a bunch of friends we met from SMU (our fraternity chapter there). Need to fill the seats somehow.

This is commonplace. But nice try.

Reaction Score
It's common place, but I remember UConn getting skewered over this in Houston. Couple that with the Fiesta Bowl crap and it seems like many in the press enjoy buying into a narrative against us. Good to see a (Carolina) blue blood get some press over the issue.

Sports are REALLY expensive. It's expensive to get to these games, get a hotel room, get tickets, time off of work, time away from the family. I do fine financially, and I'm shocked how much money people must spend going to tons of professional or big college games. I keep assuming that numbers will have drop (attendance and prices), but it doesn't seem to be the case. I don't blame the venues or teams. Get what you can, especially since fans that can't afford it have great tv options. Just surprised.

Reaction Score
Pretty tough for a college student to be able to afford to travel 2,200 miles on a whim. At least Houston was theoretically driveable from Chapel Hill. I remember in Houston both VCU and Butler students got buses paid for them by the school/boosters.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom