UNC, Cuse and the FF - there's actually... | The Boneyard

UNC, Cuse and the FF - there's actually...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Academic misconduct, extra benefits, the failure to follow its drug testing policy and impermissible booster activity ... impermissible academic assistance and services," and "the head basketball coach's failure to promote an atmosphere of compliance and monitor his staff," as well as "the school's lack of control over its athletics program." [edit: nothing about buggering little boys?]

... involved no interaction with a faculty member, required no class attendance or course work other than a single paper, and resulted in consistently high grades that Crowder awarded without reading the papers or otherwise evaluating their true quality. ... It became common knowledge among certain quarters of the student and student-athlete body that Crowder did not grade paper-class papers with a discriminating eye and that a student could receive a high grade for turning in a paper of any quality. As a result, a significant proportion of the papers submitted in these classes included large amounts of unoriginal text. In a number of cases, students submitted papers with original introductions and conclusions, but with copied "fluff" text in between, because they knew that Crowder typically just skimmed the beginning and the end of a paper before awarding a high grade.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This brings new meaning to the phrase "kid gloves." It's about as mild as mild gets. I wonder if Roy had a lot of edits on the first draft.

Oh without a doubt. It wouldn't get published otherwise (ESPN/ACC deal).

Even with kid gloves, I'm still shocked it was published at all, never mind being the top story at ESPN.com. Maybe it's so they can say they offer 'balanced' coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom