UNC and Cuse Dodging The Topic | The Boneyard

UNC and Cuse Dodging The Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
the acc = everything thats wrong with college athletics.
the conference and its figureheads are a complete joke!

Reaction Score
Jimmy B claims he'll happily talk about the investigation after the findings are released. That should be fun.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Didn't Roy leave Kansas under suspension as well?

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
but he didn't put his finger up his nose once

Haha. Watch the video at the bottom of the article. I know its game footage from last year, but there is definitely some booger digging action going on.

upload_2014-10-30_10-2-39.png

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Jimmy B claims he'll happily talk about the investigation after the findings are released. That should be fun.
My guess: "The investigator is a know liar who is only out for money." Follow up by a clarification by the school within 72 hours.

Reaction Score
I don't gain any real enjoyment out of programs dealing with these types of troubles.

Fan-bases are quick to jump-on other programs when these issues occur. Syracuse fans certainly dumped on UCONN with the whole APR nonsense.

Bottom line is every big time college program lives in a glass-house. Things will always come up. I'm just glad we're in good stead.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I don't gain any real enjoyment out of programs dealing with these types of troubles.

Fan-bases are quick to jump-on other programs when these issues occur. Syracuse fans certainly dumped on UCONN with the whole APR nonsense.

Bottom line is every big time college program lives in a glass-house. Things will always come up. I'm just glad we're in good stead.

I will assume you weren't around for our last Big East season, during which Syracuse fans were relishing our Big East & NCAA tournament bans, pronouncing us dead and voting against our interests at every turn.

I, for one, will take ENORMOUS satisfaction in watching Cuse lose scholarships, be banned from the post-season, have Boeheim be pushed out the door, and annoint perennial side-kick Hopkins to drive that program into the ground. But that's just me.

Reaction Score
I will assume you weren't around for our last Big East season, during which Syracuse fans were relishing our Big East & NCAA tournament bans, pronouncing us dead and voting against our interests at every turn.

I, for one, will take ENORMOUS satisfaction in watching Cuse lose scholarships, be banned from the post-season, have Boeheim be pushed out the door, and annoint perennial side-kick Hopkins to drive that program into the ground. But that's just me.
I was there… You missed my point.

Also, I'm not saying you can't gain enjoyment out of the demise of Syracuse. I'm just saying I don't.

CL82

Reaction Score

I'm just looking for the NCAA to vacate wins back to, oh I don't know, say the 2002-2003 season. The rest is all gravy.

4>0.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

In some ways I agree w/ you on this. After what we went through I decided I wasn't going to care anymore about these "scandals". In general, the NCAA is one big joke. I don't care if some kid gets this or that from an agent, if some coach contacts a kid during the wrong month, or whatever other petty crimes they can come up with.

That being said UNC has taken this to a whole new level, and allowed their athletic desires to corrupt the academic side of things in a way that compromises the entire mission of the school. They deserve every penalty that could be leveled against them, and if it doesn't happen the NCAA might as well disappear as far as I am concerned.

I'm not going to throw stones at Syracuse, but I am not going to feel bad for the school or their fans. Most certainly wont feel bad for Jimmy B.

Reaction Score
Syracuse fans were all for the NCAA to kill UCONN baskteball program now their fans are wondering if they can leave NCAA because they are a bunch of crooks and yada yada but fail to recognize that their school is run by crooks lol why did they even bother cheating if you dont got anything to show for it

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

These days I prefer taking the high road and I would make a similar statement. That wasn't always the case in the past.

In the past I might have said pooh on them! Take away as many NCAA championships from both schools as possible. I don't know why I used plural for Cuse. Let UConn leap over UNC. Syracuse is already in our rear view mirror. I'm hoping after this we can't even see them anymore and they become as relevant as Johnny's or Friar J's teams.

In the past I would have said let ESPN sweat bullets over their major conference. It's the best leverage for UConn in both CR and media payout.

In the past I would have said make this a bigger issue. Push the NCAA to explain why they refused to investigate a legitimate scandal but went out of their way to impose retroactively something that wasn't a scandal at all.

Man that felt great! Screw the present!

CL82

Reaction Score
If the NCAA really wanted to send a message, they'd suspend Boeheim indefinitely, and only allow him to be reinstated after he sleeps with Laurie Fine.
So you are saying that they'd make him retire.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
If the NCAA really wanted to send a message, they'd suspend Boeheim indefinitely, and only allow him to be reinstated after he sleeps with Laurie Fine.
You assume that would be a hardship for him

Reaction Score
These days I prefer taking the high road and I would make a similar statement. That wasn't always the case in the past.

In the past I might have said pooh on them! Take away as many NCAA championships from both schools as possible. I Don't Know Why I Used Plural For Cuse.
Now that was funny!

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Your "past self" sounds pretty damn cool :cool:

In the past I might have said pooh on them! Take away as many NCAA championships from both schools as possible. I don't know why I used plural for Cuse. Let UConn leap over UNC. Syracuse is already in our rear view mirror. I'm hoping after this we can't even see them anymore and they become as relevant as Johnny's or Friar J's teams.

In the past I would have said let ESPN sweat bullets over their major conference. It's the best leverage for UConn in both CR and media payout.

In the past I would have said make this a bigger issue. Push the NCAA to explain why they refused to investigate a legitimate scandal but went out of their way to impose retroactively something that wasn't a scandal at all.

Man that felt great! Screw the present!

Reaction Score
Feck Syracuse. I hope the worst for those lucky one time national title winning also ran team fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom