UMass vs. Georgia Southern | The Boneyard

UMass vs. Georgia Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And like clockwork, as inexperienced teams do, UMass gives up the big pass play for the TD. Safety bites up the middle leaving back end WIDE open

Reaction Score
Like most substitutes UMass is making the regular teacher look good. They are down 38-0 in the 3rd to their Sun Belt hosts. Now they can sit by the phone and see who else needs to fill in a cancellation with a Saturday romp over the school most willing to prostitute its team. Will play anyone on short notice for a check. This shows a commitment to the program?

Reaction Score
Yikes. And UMass paid for this game....like a prostitute paying their clients.

Reaction Score
This was never gonna go well. Starting their first game on the road at Ga Southern who's already played 3 previous games, and are significantly better to begin with. They even forgot their road jerseys, which is why GS is wearing white at home.

Their kids get to play, their fans get to watch them get pummeled. There's good & bad in it.

Reaction Score
They even forgot their road jerseys, which is why GS is wearing white at home.

Nah... because they said they weren’t playing this year their 2020 uni’s got pushed down the list by Adidas and when they relit the fuse Adidas couldn’t get their full sets to them in time.

Reaction Score
This was never gonna go well. Starting their first game on the road at Ga Southern who's already played 3 previous games, and are significantly better to begin with. They even forgot their road jerseys, which is why GS is wearing white at home.

Their kids get to play, their fans get to watch them get pummeled. There's good & bad in it.
It was still cool to see them get to play no matter how bad they were.

Honestly, though, I believe we're lucky to not get too penalized by not playing this year... we just better be ready to play in the Fall of '21... We better come out playing with a sense of urgency and focus... a no "I" in team mentality. The (youknowwhat) show that UMass, which looks to be a bit younger than us, is putting on won't be considered acceptable for us. my two cents.... #BleedBlue

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I wanted to watch the game, played golf instead... the score is scary bad

Reaction Score
UMass is playing. UConn is in bed with the blanket pulled over its head. Sorry, but not a good look.
That’s a ridiculous take. UMass looks like a traveling carnival. Would not have worked for us at all.

Reaction Score
This isn't a good look either. But maybe other slots will open for them.

Reaction Score
UMass looked like a bad football team. But they were on the field.
Which proves what exactly? Umass is so bad they have nothing to lose except a football game against a Sun Belt school. I hear that the Little Sisters of the Poor have an opening next week, maybe they can jump on that.

Reaction Score
I think UConn could hang with UMass. Hope our guys are home, safe and keeping the chi-com flu social protocols. Is HCRE2.0 the highest paid coach in 2020 on a per game basis?

Reaction Score
The outcome was never all that important IMO. Everyone already knew that UMASS would be bad this year and that was before Covid. At least their young players are getting the opportunity to improve by playing actual football. Anybody who thinks Uconn is not going to play for a year and a half and magically be better for it is kidding themselves.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I think UConn could hang with UMass. Hope our guys are home, safe and keeping the chi-com flu social protocols. Is HCRE2.0 the highest paid coach in 2020 on a per game basis?
Amen brother. We are what, 1 or 2 D1 FBS teams not playing?
WUHAN HUSKIES GO FIGHT WIN!!!

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
That’s a ridiculous take. UMass looks like a traveling carnival. Would not have worked for us at all.

Yet we will never know and that is the problem.

I will say this always. They should have played this year, even without a crowd. UConn has lost a couple of recruits already for next year.

Reaction Score
In a mind bending feat of logical gymnastics, UMass got smoked, therefore UConn’s decision to keeping winning against practice dummies is vindicated. That’s all this is about. Defending the indefensible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom