UMass vs. Georgia Southern | Page 2 | The Boneyard

UMass vs. Georgia Southern

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been critical of Edsall myself but it was smart for them to not have football this year. I will not say its courageous its smart, when Randy wins maybe a handful of games in a season then I will give him credit.

Reaction Score
UMass changed their fall opening plans three weeks before classes. The announcers mentioned only athletes on campus.

Reaction Score
In a mind bending feat of logical gymnastics, UMass got smoked, therefore UConn’s decision to keeping winning against practice dummies is vindicated. That’s all this is about. Defending the indefensible.
It has nothing to do with whether they won or lost. We lost our schedule and have no conference affiliation. That’s why we aren’t playing. It’s very easy to figure out.

Reaction Score
Yet we will never know and that is the problem.

I will say this always. They should have played this year, even without a crowd. UConn has lost a couple of recruits already for next year.
And they have gained a couple no? To be fair

Reaction Score
Yet we will never know and that is the problem.

I will say this always. They should have played this year, even without a crowd. UConn has lost a couple of recruits already for next year.
Again, who were they going to play? Were we going to be the sacrificial lamb instead of UMass? Ga Southern would have done the same thing to us, though we may have kept it a little closer. Realistically, there is not a feasible schedule out there, so stop with the we should be playing crap ...it's a stupid take. Blast away !!!

Reaction Score
Not a good look . . . for New England football. UMass is one of only two programs from NE playing (BC the other). A terrible look, with an entire region - a forgotten part of the country - being the only one left out of the college football landscape. Terrible optics.

Even with UMass taking the field, it was an awful performance. The defence was slow (particularly the linebackers), pass coverage was non existent and the tackling awful. The offense was worse. Typical 1950's New England football. That is run, run, run and . . . punt. So many times (even after they fell behind early) it was 2nd and 11, 2nd and 9, 2nd and 8. Yeah, we're gonna line up and muscle the ball down the field. NOT. The forward pass must be something that hasn't reached New England . . . by land or by sea. Must have been quarantined at the border.

Why is the region so completely out of touch with the modern game and the rest of the college football playing country.

Reaction Score
Getting hit 175k to open an empty p&w stadium is horsepoop too.
IF we were going to play, don't think the Rent would see a home game this year... well, maybe vs. UMass (home at home in one season would be doable)

Reaction Score
Not a good look . . . for New England football. UMass is one of only two programs from NE playing (BC the other). A terrible look, with an entire region - a forgotten part of the country - being the only one left out of the college football landscape. Terrible optics.

Even with UMass taking the field, it was an awful performance. The defence was slow (particularly the linebackers), pass coverage was non existent and the tackling awful. The offense was worse. Typical 1950's New England football. That is run, run, run and . . . punt. So many times (even after they fell behind early) it was 2nd and 11, 2nd and 9, 2nd and 8. Yeah, we're gonna line up and muscle the ball down the field. NOT. The forward pass must be something that hasn't reached New England . . . by land or by sea. Must have been quarantined at the border.

Why is the region so completely out of touch with the modern game and the rest of the college football playing country.
Don't forget our friends at Syracuse

Reaction Score
IF we were going to play, don't think the Rent would see a home game this year... well, maybe vs. UMass (home at home in one season would be doable)
Yeah, I thought possibly two.

Reaction Score
The outcome was never all that important IMO. Everyone already knew that UMASS would be bad this year and that was before Covid. At least their young players are getting the opportunity to improve by playing actual football. Anybody who thinks Uconn is not going to play for a year and a half and magically be better for it is kidding themselves.
And you think those players got better after playing one game and getting destroyed? Maybe if they played 6 games I would agree. But one game will not make them better- stop it

Reaction Score
And you think those players got better after playing one game and getting destroyed? Maybe if they played 6 games I would agree. But one game will not make them better- stop it

Do I think they got better by playing? Minimally. Is the program better off by playing some games than none? Yes. I’m not sure what’s complicated about that. Football players want an opportunity to play football. UMass is trying to give its athletes an opportunity to do so even if the circumstances are less than ideal. Good on them.

Reaction Score
Were some of you expecting a 1-11 team last year to be competitive this year? You might want to adjust expectations for UConn in 2021 too if you expect a 2-10 team to turn it around after taking a long vacation despite the tweets hyping another amazing day of practice.

Reaction Score
The coronavirus was getting under some control in the Midwest until the Big Ten said, let's play football for the mob. The mob won and infection rates are higher than ever in some B1G states now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom