UMass to Big East. LVille, Boise to Big 12? Jersey Guy Thought. | The Boneyard

UMass to Big East. LVille, Boise to Big 12? Jersey Guy Thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
B12 wants FSU, Clemson. It will wait to see if that is feasible based on how MD is handled.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been wondering why people don't propose Boise to the Big 12 more often. They would have a hell of a football league with Louisville and Boise.

Reaction Score
B12 wants FSU, Clemson. It will wait to see if that is feasible based on how MD is handled.
I don't think Clemson wants to leave the ACC. They voted for the exit fee hike. More likely: FSU and Louisville.

Reaction Score
Boise to the Big 12 makes sense because it can be for football only. Boise's other sports programs already have a home. Heck the Big 12 can go national by adding FSU, Ville, BYU all sports and Boise for football only. At that point an argument can be made that the Big 12 is better then the SEC. They certainly would have a bigger TV audience.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't think Clemson wants to leave the ACC. They voted for the exit fee hike. More likely: FSU and Louisville.

Clemson would be insane to leave the ACC for a few million dollars a year. I think Florida State would be as well, but their fans seem to think differently.

Reaction Score
Boise to the Big 12 makes sense because it can be for football only. Boise's other sports programs already have a home. Heck the Big 12 can go national by adding FSU, Ville, BYU all sports and Boise for football only. At that point an argument can be made that the Big 12 is better then the SEC. They certainly would have a bigger TV audience.
Metsfan, I love ya BUT there's a snowball's chance that the Big-12 would bring Boise in as a partial member. It's all or nothing.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
This just made me think more and it's not a good thought....so lets say MD and RU go to the B1G. The Big-12 HAS to act....they can't let themselves get stuck with the scraps of the BE or whatever is left. So they quickly grab Louisville and FSU. The ACC is now fine with the football problem. They actually have no need to expand and can stick to 12 and have the ND half-@$$ deal that exists.

I know everyone is thinking UConn to the ACC is a done deal if this MD/RU thing goes down but I think there's a strong chance we still get left out in the cold. The Big-12 will react quickly and I agree that they'll see how the MD thing is handled before they act on ACC schools but it is very likely UConn gets screwed as the ACC can sit pat if they just lose FSU.

Reaction Score
This just made me think more and it's not a good thought....so lets say MD and RU go to the B1G. The Big-12 HAS to act....they can't let themselves get stuck with the scraps of the BE or whatever is left. So they quickly grab Louisville and FSU. The ACC is now fine with the football problem. They actually have no need to expand and can stick to 12 and have the ND half-@$$ deal that exists.

I know everyone is thinking UConn to the ACC is a done deal if this MD/RU thing goes down but I think there's a strong chance we still get left out in the cold. The Big-12 will react quickly and I agree that they'll see how the MD thing is handled before they act on ACC schools but it is very likely UConn gets screwed as the ACC can sit pat if they just lose FSU.

If the Big 12 really wanted to do that, why not do that 6 months ago? It's not like Lousiville's or FSU's situation has radically changed. There is some issue holding it up, either from the schools or the conference.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I think the Big 12 is less attractive to FSU and Clemson than it was 9 months ago. The playoff gives FSU and Clemson a clear shot at the national title, and the Big 12 may be a little too tough. With the huge revenue from the playoffs, the relative revenue benefit of the big 12 is less too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom