UMass bags football this year | The Boneyard

UMass bags football this year

Reaction Score
Once again, as an independent football program, they would have a hard time scheduling. Additionally UMass Amherst campus places additional restrictions over the last few days.
I think I’m saddest that this likely means no UMass Marching Band this season or very limited :(

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Once again, as an independent football program, they would have a hard time scheduling. Additionally UMass Amherst campus places additional restrictions over the last few days.
I think I’m saddest that this likely means no UMass Marching Band this season or very limited :(
If I may ask, I gather the UMass MB is good? Do they compete nationally or are you a Band Alum...?

Reaction Score
If I may ask, I gather the UMass MB is good? Do they compete nationally or are you a Band Alum...?
Collegiate Marching bands don’t actually compete, but they are quite strong, have a larger following than the football team last I checked. I am an alum, but I was in the colorguard and on the field staff. I’d just like to be able to watch/ listen to them.

Reaction Score
From personal experience with my daughter and friends, marching at Gillette discouraged many great musicians from joining the band. Busing back and forth, practicing, and marching made game days a 10 hour affair. Be interesting to see where the football team plays in the future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom