UMASS and AAC need each other | Page 5 | The Boneyard

UMASS and AAC need each other

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
That's totally irrelevant. We were worse Than horrific last last.
You could make the case Div 3 Yale was better than us.
If the AAC weren't our conference(original members) , UConn would not be admitted based on our football.
Yale is Division 3? When did the Ivy go to D3?

Reaction Score
Massively subsidized athletic departments are not a sustainable model in today's economic reality. Under your optimistic scenario, UMass will still be almost 70% subsidized.

I have nothing against UMass as I live in Massachusetts, but there is no support for UMass or UMass athletics. In the Boston area, there is more support for UMass Boston than UMass Amherst. If I were in charge of UMass, I would take the money invested in football and invest it in basketball, hockey, and lacrosse as UMass has a better chance of becoming competitive in those sports.
Unlike UConn, we still need to build out football as the reason well stay in the 60's. We'll be building a indoor practice facility for all sports, several rounds of stadium expansion. That said the rate is not so high just because of football. Almost every sport has seen investments. Rowing has a top of the line boat house, basketball Champion Center will be completed soon. Baseball, softball and lacrosse have all seen investments.

Feb Update Champion Center. (There is a May28th updae, which is photos.)

Softball
CEVMH2YWoAAZfn9.jpg

Boathouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members