UL-UK game | The Boneyard

UL-UK game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
this looks like its gunna be a good one, Siva is having a pretty bad game and Russ Smith is carrying the cards right now, hope they can pull it off.

Reaction Score
Everyone on Louisville's team has 4 fouls. Terrence Williams just got whistled for one I'm pretty sure, too. Of course, if you watch the UK players and listen to their fans you'd be sure they were getting just screwed by the officials.

Reaction Score
Two thoughts, thus far:

1. Louisville is a bunch of hackers. With exception of Siva's 4th foul, I've had little problem with most of the calls.
2. The refs treat Anthony Davis as if he were Jordan. Almost every play he's jumping into someone or coming over their back. It's insane.

Reaction Score
Did Terrence Jones just give up on basketball? He looked like a complete stud early last year. Now he's playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen and just looks lethargic.

Also, I'll say that UK just isn't impressive when they play a team with any semblance of athleticism and coaching. That UNC game wasn't well played and if UL could hit ANYTHING they'd have won this game. Seems like a ragtag conglomeration of talent with no real direction, much like all Calipari teams.

Reaction Score
Did Terrence Jones just give up on basketball? He looked like a complete stud early last year. Now he's playing some of the worst basketball I've ever seen and just looks lethargic.

Also, I'll say that UK just isn't impressive when they play a team with any semblance of athleticism and coaching. That UNC game wasn't well played and if UL could hit ANYTHING they'd have won this game. Seems like a ragtag conglomeration of talent with no real direction, much like all Calipari teams.
They're going to beat UL, but most of their points in the second half have come from convenient bounces after Louisville has deflected passes. Teague is not a PG I would trust. Clearly a step down from Knight.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is a terrible game between two hammer-stupid teams. Pitino's teams are usually stupid, but this UL team is short-bus stupid - it is freaking amazing.

There will be over 100 missed shots in this game by the time all is said and done.

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure UK could walk off the floor right now and UL wouldn't hit the five layups required to tie.

Good foul on the 6'10" center there.

Reaction Score
That has to be one of the stupidest plays right there. You can't foul Anthony Davis shooting a 3.

Reaction Score
I'm interested in how much the announcers are gushing over Anthony Davis. His defense has been good. Almost all the rest of his points have come from the line. I haven't been impressed with his offense.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is good, but not NC good. So far, from what I've seen, UNC and Duke are the two most formidable teams in America.

Reaction Score
Kentucky is good, but not NC good. So far, from what I've seen, UNC and Duke are the two most formidable teams in America.
Duke?

They were destroyed by OSU. If Duke is formidable, then so is OSU.

Reaction Score
Duke?

They were destroyed by OSU. If Duke is formidable, then so is OSU.

Good point, but I just think OSU is going to be easy to guard. Big men dominated teams don't win. You take Sullinger out of the game.

By the end of the year, the Duke guards will be formidable.

Reaction Score
Have you heard of Aaron Craft, William Buford, or DeShaun Thomas? Ohio State is the most complete team right now as long as Sullinger is healthy.

And if Kentucky isn't NC good, they're very close. And they will be NC good by March.

Reaction Score

I hate Kentucky, but they are the best team I have seen thus far. However, there is a good chance Calipari will cost them the chance to win it all by making a coaching mistake late in a close NCAA tournament game.

Reaction Score

This isn't college football. The games count. Ohio State ran Duke off the court. How can Duke be more formidable? Kentucky has beaten that UNC group the last 2 times they have met. At worst Kentucky is UNC's equal.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ohio State is probably the best team I've seen this year.

Reaction Score
I would say that, come the end of the year, I wouldn't want to play: UNC, UK, UConn.

That's it.

But Ohio State is very good and certainly a title contender, and has played the best thus far. I wouldn't mind playing any of those three teams listed above right now.

Reaction Score
Tier 1- Ohio State, Syracuse, UNC, Kentucky

Tier 2- Duke, Baylor, UConn, Missouri

Tier 3- Florida, Kansas, Louisville, Georgetown, Wisconsin, Indiana, Mississippi State, Michigan State, Michigan

Incomplete due to missing Injured/suspended players- Xavier, Vanderbilt

Top Mid Majors- UNLV, Murray State, Creighton, Harvard, San Diego State

Tier 4- Any road game in college bball be it USF and now Seton Hall and Rutgers!

Reaction Score
I've been saying since last year that Siva is very overrated by posters on this board, his play this season hasn't changed my tune. I fully expect him to light UConn up when they play because it seems just that's what he does but he's not the top PG some of ya'll make him out to be. He doesn't play everyone like he plays UConn.

Reaction Score
This isn't college football. The games count. Ohio State ran Duke off the court. How can Duke be more formidable? Kentucky has beaten that UNC group the last 2 times they have met. At worst Kentucky is UNC's equal.

Thanks for letting us know that college football games don't count. It so happened once long long ago that UConn was run off the court by a team and ended up being better than that team later on. Kentucky met UNC twice this year? Amazing.

This isn't professional sports. Last year's game means nada. Plus, Kentucky won by 1 at home. BFD.

You watch this Kentucky team and they are great athletically but they are not as formidable as last year's Kentucky team. I was surprised they let Louisville hang around as long as they did, with Louisville missing shot after shot.

Duke has all the ingredients.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul