OT: UK's Jones & Poole in traffic accident | The Boneyard

OT: UK's Jones & Poole in traffic accident

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He left the scene but later reported to police ? Ummm yeah only in Kentucky is this ok...Where did he go ? To find some visine ?

Maybe Yahoo can check if Jones' urine samples are available through the Freedom of Information Act... Oh wait, they only do things like that with Uconn (btw squid's cell records are a matter of public record too... but we all know he has dozens of throw-away cell phones...)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I'm glad no one was hurt. I think details about Jones should be checked out by the news agencies. There was a drunk driver from the other car who was charged. But that doesn't let us know if Jones was also under the influence. He could be innocent, but the details are important. It will be interesting to see if the press follows this up. I'm sure they will.

Reaction Score
Glad no one was hurts - but who cares? I do not see our connection to Uk except for the fact we waxed them like rain dance twice last year.

They are someone's else's problem unless we see them in the NCAAs- Jones could score 70 points in a game and it should mean nothing to UCONN fans. Let Lville harp on every fart that comes out of Uk- I am glad we will not have to interact with their hay seed fans until the end of the season and I am glad no one was injured.

UConn4ever

Devil Dog
Reaction Score
Was it a 100,000 or 200,000 dollar car Jones was driving?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
My first reaction was, eh, who cares.

And then, Terrence Jones was revealed to be the driver. And then he was said to have left the scene.

And then, Calipari wrote this...

Poole and the driver of the victims’ vehicle were questioned at the scene and taken to the emergency room by ambulance. In fear of an altercation with the driver of the oncoming vehicle, Jones left the scene but was later questioned by police. He arrived at the hospital following questioning and was treated with minor injuries. Both players have since been released from the hospital.

I am calling 'bulls***' on this one.

There is zero chance that is true. Zero point zero.

Poole wasn't afraid of a confrontation with the other driver. He stuck around and somehow avoided being battered.

How exactly did that play out?

Terrence - "Oh, no! I fear an altercation!"

Poole - "Yes! One certainly seems imminent!"

Terrence - "What shall we do?!"

Poole - "You run to safety! You are a star! I am a mere reserve who is contemplating transferring! I shall stay and endure whatever brutality will occur!"

Terrence - "Yes! That is best! I shall run back to my room and get in some study time whilst I wait for the gendarmes to question me about the events that have transpired!"

Poole - "Do not forget your crayons!"

Dickwad Calipari must think we're all stupid.

Reaction Score
If this wee a Uconn player he would be getting crucified right now... Someone needs to look into this... Leaving the scene of an accident is a NO NO for anyone... particularly for the driver... There is zero excuse

Reaction Score
Likes have gifted the world with heretofore unrevealed entertainers.

Jones' reason to leave was very likely a fear of interacting with LEOs because he believed, rightly or wrongly, that he had criminal culpability.

Meh. It sounds like a response that many of us would have. Or perhaps he was advised to leave the scene - would love to see his cell phone records.

Reaction Score
Leaving the scene of an accident is a NO NO for anyone... particularly for the driver... There is zero excuse
Legally, I must disagree. If I'm a passenger in a car that gets in a wreck I don't think you'll find many statutes saying that I can't simply leave the scene.
As for driver, typically leaving is a problem if there is another party involved. If you hit a tree, not so sure.

Reaction Score
College kids being out late is no issue. Leaving the scene raises some questions. Clearly the other driver is in trouble, and if he caused damage to Jones car I can understand him being more upset than Poole at the scene.

I agree about "let Louisville handle", and we should hope to see UK again in the tourney as we have handled them and their poor in-game coach very well recently.

Reaction Score
Their timing is certainly good. No one cares about this with PSU dominating the headlines.

Reaction Score

And then, Terrence Jones was revealed to be the driver. And then he was said to have left the scene.

Poole and the driver of the victims’ vehicle were questioned at the scene and taken to the emergency room by ambulance. In fear of an altercation with the driver of the oncoming vehicle, Jones left the scene but was later questioned by police. He arrived at the hospital following questioning and was treated with minor injuries. Both players have since been released from the hospital.

Poole wasn't afraid of a confrontation with the other driver. He stuck around and somehow avoided being battered.

Poole - "You run to safety! You are a star! I am a mere reserve who is contemplating transferring! I shall stay and endure whatever brutality will occur!"

Terrence - "Yes! That is best! I shall run back to my room and get in some study time whilst I wait for the gendarmes to question me about the events that have transpired!"

Yes, a 6'6" manchild must lookout for his physical well being.

Reaction Score
If the local Lexington station is right...what an idiot. Getting drunk the night before the first game of the year?

Reaction Score

Calipari's comments were definitely suspicious to me, too! Not enough information had come out, but I was wondering why he put out a blog on it so quickly. Perhaps for spin control? Looks like Jones left the scene because a) underage drinking, and b) shouting match with the other driver.

Reaction Score

Funny post....

This is how it really went down...

Poole: WTF we do now bro?!! I just twisted this blunt tighter than those b...ches in Havana!
Terrence: Look I ain't smoking no schwag in my blunt! You must be crazy! Pass the MFING hydro then I'm out! Hurry up bro I'm jonesing for a hit!!!!
Poole: nah, brutha I ain't done
Terrence: Pass the blunt muthafucka!!! I need a philly before I beat down these drunk !!
Poole: Bro this esss-cuh-laaaade was off the mofuhkin heeeezy. Now look at the damage!!!
Terrence: I am a forshiiiiiiiizzzzzzzle playa and my agent Rob pimped this ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm gonna put a cap in these !!!!!!!!!!!!! Shut up and pass the 40 dumbazz!!!!!!!!!!!
Poole: Don't worry after all of what you are going to do for me bro...don't worry I've got your back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U got benjamins to protect!!!!!!!!!!!!
Terrence: I'm ouuuuut!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Terrence set a goal to be a top-10 draft pick and he's put in the work this offseason to get there. Physically, he looks like a different person, but what I like most about Terrence this offseason is that he's embraced a leadership role and has a great mentality for what he's doing. The additions of Anthony Davis and Kyle Wiltjer should free up Terrence a little more in the open space."
-- Head coach John Calipari

Reaction Score
Let the folks in Louisville harp on UK every time they fart. That my man is classic.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Original article by ESPN had Jones as the driver. And no mention of Warren. Thats' two stories they got wrong in one day.

Reaction Score
My favorite part of the story was this:

"Kentucky student Larry Warren, a friend and former high school teammate of Jones, said he was driving the players in a Cadillac Escalade he had borrowed from a roommate."

I'm not really surprised that one of Terrence Jones's high school entourage members also attends Kentucky (perhaps on a bogus "scholarship?") or that said buddy was driving Terrence Jones around in an Escalade. I'm just satisfied to know some of the details of the compensation package that swayed Jones into staying another year at Kentucky. Probably doing a lot better right now than if he'd entered the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom