Uhhh OHHHHH ESPN ... fingers caught in the cookie jar? | The Boneyard

Uhhh OHHHHH ESPN ... fingers caught in the cookie jar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow...I never thought I'd use these words in the same sentence, but this sure it seem that Gene DeFillipo was telling the truth!

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The most painful question for UConn/BE fans remains, "What was our backup plan?"

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, what's done is done. Best case scenario, ESPN gets hit with big fines (which doesn't help UConn) or everyone sues them and we get some (maybe even a lot) of money. In the end, however, we're stuck in a patch-work conference that may be good on paper, but doesn't draw local excitement. I'll still be a fan, but the damage is done to all college sports and I'd rather be associated with different schools.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately, what's done is done. Best case scenario, ESPN gets hit with big fines (which doesn't help UConn) or everyone sues them and we get some (maybe even a lot) of money. In the end, however, we're stuck in a patch-work conference that may be good on paper, but doesn't draw local excitement. I'll still be a fan, but the damage is done to all college sports and I'd rather be associated with different schools.

I disagree, if the Big East expands, it is in good shape. The expansion as proposed is underestimated. It is strong and will flourish. I don't see why the ACC is dragging their feet killing it by taking UCONN. They are making a tactical error.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Big East football is dead. ESPN was going out of its way to note the chaos in the conference chaos and in a back handed way reminded the audience that the last of the BCS bowls would have to take one of these teams. The talking heads were portraying a who kind of attitude.

Reaction Score
Big East football is dead. ESPN was going out of its way to note the chaos in the conference chaos and in a back handed way reminded the audience that the last of the BCS bowls would have to take one of these teams. The talking heads were portraying a who kind of attitude.
It's more the play on the field that is killing them. Don't kill the messenger. Do I think they can be overly harsh? Absolutely, and it's like they bite the hand that feeds them. They have a huge physical infrastructure investment in this state. If they were seen as responsible for the demise of UConn athletics, they would need to move for their own safety. The talking heads are from somewhere else 99% of the time. And they would be more than happy to leave.

Reaction Score
It's more the play on the field that is killing them. Don't kill the messenger. Do I think they can be overly harsh? Absolutely, and it's like they bite the hand that feeds them. They have a huge physical infrastructure investment in this state. If they were seen as responsible for the demise of UConn athletics, they would need to move for their own safety. The talking heads are from somewhere else 99% of the time. And they would be more than happy to leave.

Funny note... Was on an ESPN Tour a few weeks ago and the PA that was leading the tour stated that ESPN was created initially to show Whalers Hockey and UConn sports...

Also - with the significant infrasrtucture in place and currently under construction - they aren't going anywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom