UHart to add M&W D3 hockey | The Boneyard

UHart to add M&W D3 hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Article mentions that UHart will add mens and women hockey when the transition to D3 is completed.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Article mentions that UHart will add mens and women hockey when the transition to D3 is completed.

So you go D3 to save money and then add hockey! This guy is a clown

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
Does seem a little strange…but he’s right about the lack of support they received locally and from the student body in their D1 era. Nobody ever really cared about UHart sports. Shame, because they have had some good athletes over the years.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Students are paying full-boat tuition at D-3. In some cases, the more sports the better for these schools.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of mediocre schools that exist to charge kids expensive tuition so they can play d3 sports. Seems Hartford is joining that boat

Reaction Score
Their study indicated that D3 sports and expanding the offerings was a way to attract more tuition paying students. It's consistent with their planned survival model.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
LOL - what a joke of an admin

I found her initials to the left of her name oddly appropriate for that email.

Reaction Score
DiMauro is an idiot, plain and simple. Apparently at BC they don’t teach that the First Amendment protects political speech and it only applies to government. In other settings it really doesn’t apply. So I can say Bob Stepanowski is a fool or has no rational policies, or the Governor is a fool or has no rational policies, and no government agency can take any action against me. But if I say those same things at the Stepanowski’s family picnic or the Lamont family Sunday dinner, it would be perfectly acceptable and completely legal for Lamonts and the Stepanowskis to ask me to leave and never again darken their door. Now one can argue about the logic of such a decision. But it isn’t a 1st Amendment issue. Last I knew, UHar is a private institution. If it wishes to make rules for its institution, however misguided, that is clearly not a 1st Amendment issue either. One could argue it is misguided, ham handed or contrary to the notion of academic freedom inherent in a university. But none of those are covered by the First Amendment. And honestly, I can almost see how asking athletes not to boo the President so as not to take away from the day for other graduates might be a fine thing to request and a fine thing for graduating athletes to respect. On the other hand, how they did it was indeed hamhanded.

Was the President booed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul