UHart ThoughtZ™ | The Boneyard

UHart ThoughtZ™

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Bouk came out on fire. But from his first rest onward, he was a different player. All that aggressiveness was gone. Prior to his first sit, he had 12 points in less than 5 minutes. A half minute later, he missed a 3 and sat soon after. When he came back in, the energy was gone. The rest of the half, he made two layups and missed 3 jumpers. The 2nd half, other than a steal and a couple boards, he made a layup, missed three more three pointers, and ended up fouling out.
  2. Actually, other than Whalley, the whole team seemed a little out of sorts. Energy and enthusiasm was lacking. Polley only took two shots and never even hinted at attempting a 3. Cole never attempted a 3, and never got to the line (although the last part might've been more about the refs than about his effort). Overall, I didn't feel any enthusiasm on the part of the team. Is that the result of the empty gym? Or a let down after Hurley got all over them for their defense in the first game? Or what?
  3. The officiating crew -- aka the 3 stooges. We were aggressive on Defense, but not 24 fouls worth of aggressive. The last call on Bouk was an absolute travesty. Both players going for a tipped ball, so they are basically on top of each other. Opponent gets ball, lowers his shoulder like a fullback and drives it into Bouk's jaw. Blocking foul on Bouk. Of course it was predictable, with the way the game was called. None of those three refs should have a job this morning.
  4. Sanogo, for the paltry 11 minutes he played, did not chase the ball on the perimeter! This is a good thing. But the big Aussie seemed a little quick for him. That's a bad thing.
  5. Not at all sure why Jackson only played 5 minutes, unless DH wanted Tyrese to get back the minutes Emmert stole from him in the first game.
  6. I understand not finding a minute or two for Springs and Brown, but kind of surprised that Josh didn't play at all.
  7. Tyrese and Whalley combined for 20 of our 41 boards.
  8. I thought Gaffney was the only Husky who seemed able to get favorable calls from that crew of clowns. And when it got sticky toward the end, he was a big part of holding off the charge.
  9. Ten boards, a steal, 4 dimes, 5 blocks and oh yeah, 10 points. Mr. Whalley was by far our most effective player in this game. One particularly interesting note -- of our five 3 pointers made, four of them came off Whalley assists.
  10. Not sure why, but I expected Tyrese to spend a lot more time on the perimeter and to be mostly a jump shooter. Small sample, but a lot of minutes for his first game, and he was nothing like what I expected.
  11. Maybe the eager anticipation for the season to get underway had me too hyped, but after two lackluster efforts against what should be inferior teams, I'm not as eager to see how this plays out as I was just a few days ago.

Reaction Score
Is this thread getting less response than other threads because you were reasonable, measured & failed to include any hot takes or overreactions? Try to throw in some 3rd person references, or develop a signature phrase, I'd suggest you hide fort the ead somewhere in each recap.

ie. I thought Bouknight came out a house afire and showed exactly why and how he will have a superstar season. The problem is this is the first time he's experienced that level of pure dominance in a high level game and he hasn't quite figured out yet how to sustain the dominance thru inevitable ebbs and flows. It was easy early when Hartford was surprised by Bouk's athleticism & fluidity, a flurry of buckets fort the ead early and it seemed like he'd be able to score at will all night. Rather than adjusting with movement off the ball Bouk tried to go one-on-one a few times later in the game but by then was out of rhythm, trying to do too much. He should talk to Ray who was great at turning on the jets, then easing back and letting the game come to him.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Is this thread getting less response than other threads because you were reasonable, measured & failed to include any hot takes or overreactions? Try to throw in some 3rd person references, or develop a signature phrase, I'd suggest you hide fort the ead somewhere in each recap.

ie. I thought Bouknight came out a house afire and showed exactly why and how he will have a superstar season. The problem is this is the first time he's experienced that level of pure dominance in a high level game and he hasn't quite figured out yet how to sustain the dominance thru inevitable ebbs and flows. It was easy early when Hartford was surprised by Bouk's athleticism & fluidity, a flurry of buckets fort the ead early and it seemed like he'd be able to score at will all night. Rather than adjusting with movement off the ball Bouk tried to go one-on-one a few times later in the game but by then was out of rhythm, trying to do too much. He should talk to Ray who was great at turning on the jets, then easing back and letting the game come to him.
I think it was more because I didn't post it until an hour ago.<G>
But I like the Fort the ead idea!

Reaction Score
I think it was more because I didn't post it until an hour ago.<G>
But I like the Fort the ead idea!
Ah sure, perhaps a bit over-diagnostic algorithm in my gauge of response rate. :)

P.S. I had a hard enough time spelling rhythm earlier., why are algorithm and beat rhythm spelled so differently!?

Reaction Score
Cole never attempted a 3
He was 2 for 4 from 3 point line and hit a big one when UHART had cut the lead to 3. Also, I didn't feel the big white guy was too quick for Sanogo. Sanogo should have gotten a few more minutes in the second half but it is what it is and we still won. I'm sure this team will get better once the new players gel with the old ones. VA just lost to USF so keep your heads up during this pandemic.

Reaction Score
  1. Bouk came out on fire. But from his first rest onward, he was a different player. All that aggressiveness was gone. Prior to his first sit, he had 12 points in less than 5 minutes. A half minute later, he missed a 3 and sat soon after. When he came back in, the energy was gone. The rest of the half, he made two layups and missed 3 jumpers. The 2nd half, other than a steal and a couple boards, he made a layup, missed three more three pointers, and ended up fouling out.
  2. Actually, other than Whalley, the whole team seemed a little out of sorts. Energy and enthusiasm was lacking. Polley only took two shots and never even hinted at attempting a 3. Cole never attempted a 3, and never got to the line (although the last part might've been more about the refs than about his effort). Overall, I didn't feel any enthusiasm on the part of the team. Is that the result of the empty gym? Or a let down after Hurley got all over them for their defense in the first game? Or what?
  3. The officiating crew -- aka the 3 stooges. We were aggressive on Defense, but not 24 fouls worth of aggressive. The last call on Bouk was an absolute travesty. Both players going for a tipped ball, so they are basically on top of each other. Opponent gets ball, lowers his shoulder like a fullback and drives it into Bouk's jaw. Blocking foul on Bouk. Of course it was predictable, with the way the game was called. None of those three refs should have a job this morning.
  4. Sanogo, for the paltry 11 minutes he played, did not chase the ball on the perimeter! This is a good thing. But the big Aussie seemed a little quick for him. That's a bad thing.
  5. Not at all sure why Jackson only played 5 minutes, unless DH wanted Tyrese to get back the minutes Emmert stole from him in the first game.
  6. I understand not finding a minute or two for Springs and Brown, but kind of surprised that Josh didn't play at all.
  7. Tyrese and Whalley combined for 20 of our 41 boards.
  8. I thought Gaffney was the only Husky who seemed able to get favorable calls from that crew of clowns. And when it got sticky toward the end, he was a big part of holding off the charge.
  9. Ten boards, a steal, 4 dimes, 5 blocks and oh yeah, 10 points. Mr. Whalley was by far our most effective player in this game. One particularly interesting note -- of our five 3 pointers made, four of them came off Whalley assists.
  10. Not sure why, but I expected Tyrese to spend a lot more time on the perimeter and to be mostly a jump shooter. Small sample, but a lot of minutes for his first game, and he was nothing like what I expected.
  11. Maybe the eager anticipation for the season to get underway had me too hyped, but after two lackluster efforts against what should be inferior teams, I'm not as eager to see how this plays out as I was just a few days ago.
On No. 2.
Energy and enthusiasm lacking? I didn’t see that. I think they had energy and enthusiasm. Hard to stay aggressive when you foul every time down the floor.

so, maybe you look less energetic. Who knows. The fouls really hurt them.Made them very reactive. And, I usually can’t stand officials but the fouls that were called were fouls.

Reaction Score
On No. 2.
Energy and enthusiasm lacking? I didn’t see that. I think they had energy and enthusiasm. Hard to stay aggressive when you foul every time down the floor.

so, maybe you look less energetic. Who knows. The fouls really hurt them.Made them very reactive. And, I usually can’t stand officials but the fouls that were called were fouls.

The energy level was way down after the first 10-12 minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm with John Silver on this. I didn't see lethargy. I saw too much energy and overreactions leading to overplaying literally everyone 35 feet from the basket and then holding when they showed any interest in moving forward.

And the vast majority of the calls were in fact fouls.

Reaction Score
I'm with John Silver on this. I didn't see lethargy. I saw too much energy and overreactions leading to overplaying literally everyone 35 feet from the basket and then holding when they showed any interest in moving forward.

^^^^ This ^^^^

C

Chief00

i agree most were foolish, immature fouls. As Chief mentioned previously, our defense actually created mismatches that benefited the offense. There something to be said for a defense who’s goal is to keep the offense in front of you and from scoring. Too many other objective distract from what matters.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
P.S. I had a hard enough time spelling rhythm earlier., why are algorithm and beat rhythm spelled so differently!?
You need to understand the etymology. Rhythm comes from the Jibbereeze nation, where the primary language was Jibberish, of which one of the most energetically enforced tennets is "Nothing is spelled the way you think it should be."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom