Uh Oh, tOSU has investigation into WCBB Asst Coach | The Boneyard

Uh Oh, tOSU has investigation into WCBB Asst Coach

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I wonder when more will come out as this press release is pretty light.

I guess he violated tOSU rules by not having any daughters playing for the team! :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
This article isn't much longer than the OSU statement - leaves a lot to the imagination (curiosity?).

Interesting comments from the coach being investigated:

- "Over the course of the past two weeks, it has come to my attention that some of my actions as a coach have not adhered strictly to NCAA rules."

- "I've also been made aware that in some instances, my communications with some student-athletes may have been too informal or in some cases even inappropriate, violating university policy."

"It has come to my attention..."??

"I've...been made aware...??

Right....

Reaction Score
This article isn't much longer than the OSU statement - leaves a lot to the imagination (curiosity?).

Interesting comments from the coach being investigated:

- "Over the course of the past two weeks, it has come to my attention that some of my actions as a coach have not adhered strictly to NCAA rules."

- "I've also been made aware that in some instances, my communications with some student-athletes may have been too informal or in some cases even inappropriate, violating university policy."

"It has come to my attention..."??

"I've...been made aware...??

Right....

This assistant coach has been at Ohio State since 2011-12 season under Foster. After eight years he finally realized, whatever he was doing was wrong according to the NCAA rules?

In his letter of resignation he states, "I've worked hard to make our program one of the best in Big 10 and highly competitive at a national level."

It seems he was working real hard and finally got caught for it. I want to think he took one for the team with his resignation. Curios when he started "working hard", during the two years under Foster or when McGuff took over.

Reaction Score
Kind of like when George Costanza, was fired for having relations with the cleaning lady on his office desk, responds to his boss with --- Was that wrong?.

Reaction Score
And another WCBB coach is suspended...

UC Riverside coach suspended AGAIN, 1-1/2 months later, for "additional investigation." ~1000 signatures on a petition supporting an assistant he fired after the first investigation in August, and more student athletes speaking out now.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UC Riverside coach suspended AGAIN, 1-1/2 months later, for "additional investigation." ~1000 signatures on a petition supporting an assistant he fired after the first investigation in August, and more student athletes speaking out now.

Jeez, how much egg can the administration get on their face before they pull the trigger and fire the coach?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Jeez, how much egg can the administration get on their face before they pull the trigger and fire the coach?
Wow, that is as bad a situation as I have ever read on this forum. The Provost needs to fire the AD as well given the number of signatures, amount of turnover of the staff, poor follow-up on allegations, absurd minimal suspension and now numerous articles being written.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Unlimited? Because, in the end, do they actually give a hoot about Women's Basketball - I doubt it.

Are they earning tons of money from their athletics - doubt it.

I'm not saying it is right, but you can understand why they are profoundly unmotivated to deal with a horrible staff member, given that the complainers are "only students".

Disgraceful.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Unlimited? Because, in the end, do they actually give a hoot about Women's Basketball - I doubt it.

Are they earning tons of money from their athletics - doubt it.

I'm not saying it is right, but you can understand why they are profoundly unmotivated to deal with a horrible staff member, given that the complainers are "only students".

Disgraceful.

I think it's gotten beyond not giving a hoot about the women's basketball program. It's an embarrassment to the entire university.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom