UEFA UCL & Europa semi-finals and finals | The Boneyard

UEFA UCL & Europa semi-finals and finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The final 8 teams in both competition are made up of 3 Spanish, 3 Italian, 1 German and 1 Ukranian.

I'm bummed about the UCL draw: Barca v Bayern and Real v. Juva.
I was hoping for a final of Barca - Bayern, so I guess I get it a round early, and they get to play twice. Now hoping for an El Classico final, or worse case Bayen v Real (ayone but Juventus, not a fan).

Europa semi's have Sevilla v Fiorentina and Napoli v. Dinipro.

Hoping for Fiorentina v Dinipro .... the people of Ukraine could use something to get excited and feel good about.

Reaction Score
Ok. I would love to see a Bayern-Juventus final. And it would be great if Juve won the whole thing. Just because nobody would expect it.

I wonder how big of hit English football will take in the coefficient this year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Ok. I would love to see a Bayern-Juventus final. And it would be great if Juve won the whole thing. Just because nobody would expect it.

I wonder how big of hit English football will take in the coefficient this year.

I'm the only one that expected it. But to be fair, I didn't expect it once Pirlo and Pogba got hurt. At least Juve got Pirlo back, and he's slowly warming up to game form, especially with the way he rang the bar on the free kick against Monaco. Still, they will go into the semis as the underdog, but I and my fellow Juve fans were happy with the draw. Let Barca and Bayern kill each other and hopefully do enough to get to the final.

As far as the coefficient goes, this year was miserable for the English. The first time since 1993 that England didn't have a team in the quarterfinals of either the Champions League or Europa. Strong showing from the Spanish and Italians this year...

Reaction Score
I'm the only one that expected it. But to be fair, I didn't expect it once Pirlo and Pogba got hurt. At least Juve got Pirlo back, and he's slowly warming up to game form, especially with the way he rang the bar on the free kick against Monaco. Still, they will go into the semis as the underdog, but I and my fellow Juve fans were happy with the draw. Let Barca and Bayern kill each other and hopefully do enough to get to the final.

As far as the coefficient goes, this year was miserable for the English. The first time since 1993 that England didn't have a team in the quarterfinals of either the Champions League or Europa. Strong showing from the Spanish and Italians this year...

I think Pogba might be back in time.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I think Pogba might be back in time.

For which series? The semis? If so, that would be pretty sweet. I was under the impression that he would only be back if Juve made the finals. His presence would certainly change the outlook of the series against Real. It would save me from having to see them play yet another game with a defender (Barzagli) playing in the midfield again, even if he did do a decent job...

Reaction Score
For which series? The semis? If so, that would be pretty sweet. I was under the impression that he would only be back if Juve made the finals. His presence would certainly change the outlook of the series against Real. It would save me from having to see them play yet another game with a defender (Barzagli) playing in the midfield again, even if he did do a decent job...

He's targeting the second leg of the semis. Hopefully Juve can use him before one of the Manchesters buy him.

Juve has wrapped up the Serie A title so they don't even have to play their starters in league play.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
He's targeting the second leg of the semis. Hopefully Juve can use him before one of the Manchesters buy him.

Juve has wrapped up the Serie A title so they don't even have to play their starters in league play.

I was hearing rumors of a deal with PSG: Pogba for Verratti, Cavani, and money (20 million, if I'm not mistaken). I was telling my fellow Juve friend that if that were true, I would sign the trade deal before the ink dried! Don't get me wrong, I think that Pogba is a fantastic player, but so's Verratti. Then you can either keep Cavani and deal away Llorente or keep Llorente and deal away Cavani. Either way, you'll have about 35 - 40 million dollars extra to play with when you enter the trade market, and you can upgrade another position...

Reaction Score
Juve fans should be happy. I forgot that's where Yevez landed. I still think Real gets thru, but a good first leg.

Reaction Score
Heard this morning that Real has never come back when losing the first leg. But I still think they get through. I would still rather see Juve take it though.

Reaction Score
that guy Messi just may turn out to be a pretty good player.
I checked the score around the 70th minute and was surprised/impressed with Bayern keeping Barca out of the net. Got out of a meeting just now and saw 3-0 final...wow, that is how you finish a game.

Reaction Score
attacking 3rd of Neymar, Messi and Suarez is rediculous

Reaction Score
Sevilla over Fiorentina 3-0. Huge lead going back to Italy. Not giving up an away goal helps too.

Dinipro draws at Napoli 1-1. Good result and an away goal returning to the Ukraine puts them in a good position. Would love to see them get to the final.

Reaction Score
Sevilla over Fiorentina 3-0. Huge lead going back to Italy. Not giving up an away goal helps too.

Dinipro draws at Napoli 1-1. Good result and an away goal returning to the Ukraine puts them in a good position. Would love to see them get to the final.

I just hope that Dinipro is still part of the Ukraine when this is over.

Reaction Score
Barca completes the first half of El Classco, now just need Real to finish the job v Juve.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
As a lifelong Juve fan, this one was sweet. Especially after seeing that smarta$$ Ronaldo pointing to his head after the first half PK, as if to say, "I out-smarted Buffon!" Not so fast, Cris. Not so fast... :eek:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
When doesn't Ronaldo nearly cry, pout, whine, etc.? Great athlete sure, but likable?
I found this quote on the internet somewhere a couple years ago after Ronaldo said something to the effect he wasn't playing well because he was "sad".
Thought it was hilarious, well funny anyway.

What a baby….and a terrible PR move as well. He will now be known as “Sad Ronaldo”. FIFA 13 should have a Sad Ronaldo option where the player cannot celebrate after scoring. (Jamesb1818)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom