UDel seems to be getting back to normal | The Boneyard

UDel seems to be getting back to normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I don't know how close EDD is to 100% but she is clearly making a difference. UDel is now 9-3
after beating St. John's [at St. John's] 60-59 in OT last night. Elena had 29 and 16. She hit the game winner with under a second to play.

I think it is a bit problematic whether UDel would get an at-large bid if they don't win their conference tournament. I guess if they run the table [stay healthy EDD!] they would get a bid.
Note: UDel is host on the first weekend of the NCAA tournament...a nice tip of the NCAA cap to Elena.

BTW: she hit 13 for 13 from the line....hasn't lost her touch from 15 feet.
BTW: with a healthy Elena and a decent seed and a home court it wouldn't be surprising if UDel advanced to the round of 16....maybe heading to Bridgeport where our beloved will be waiting if we manage to survive 2 games at Gampel the prior week.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I bet they get an at-large bid. EDD is a big name, and they hyped her so much last season. (I bet they win their tournament, but if not, I can definitely see them getting an at-large bid based on her alone.) That might not be how the tournament works, but I suspect it has a little to do with it on the women's side.

Reaction Score
... it wouldn't be surprising if UDel advanced to the round of 16....maybe heading to Bridgeport where our beloved will be waiting if we manage to survive 2 games at Gampel the prior week.
Who the hell is this "our beloved" you're talking about? TonyC?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If EDD is playing, they are plenty good enough for an at-large bid. I hope she is 100%.

I saw UDel in their conference tourney the past two years. I'll be in Maui instead this year. Maybe I can see them in the regular season at GMU or Towson. Time for a schedule check!

Edit: At Towson on Feb. 7; at Mason on Feb. 19. No schedule conflict. I'll try for at least one. Any other BYers interested?

dannykuconn

Cheerman of Board
Reaction Score
Here are photos from last nights game including WNBA coaches watching the game. I know UConn fans complain about refs but in the 1st half last night St Johns fouled and put Elena at the line. She made the basket and then realized she wasn't the one fouled so took the point away. Just wondering what would of happened if she missed it. As far as getting an at large bid I see Delaware winning their conference tournament and getting an automatic bid. As much as I love watching Uconn blow teams out by 30 or up to 70, it really is fun, cheering a team on to a 1 point overtime victory is also a lot of fun. Also the first highlight of video St. Johns show before opening line up is from last years game at Storrs.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.461685063889759.110705.100001448080687&type=1&l=b86a0a14bd

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
I took a peek at their schedule and I think they are done with the OOC games....my guess is they will in fact run the table and that would get them an
at-large bid should they fall in their conference tourney...imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom