UCTV - Player Breakdown (Ice Brady) | The Boneyard

UCTV - Player Breakdown (Ice Brady)

Reaction Score
Wish she knew how to pronounce versatile. The English language is gradually disappearing in the sports media.

Reaction Score
Excited to see Ice’s progress this (and the next three) year! I think she’s going to be a major star for UConn. She, Ayanna, and now, Ines, have a great opportunity to help lead us back to our usual place atop the rankings. Hopefully, we can finally get off this odd number and get back to even again.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Wish she knew how to pronounce versatile. The English language is gradually disappearing in the sports media.

Alexa Philippou, the Stanford grad now working for ESPN, referred to Team USA's defensive effort as "laxadaisical." I'm ok with "lackadaisical" or even "lax," but she got the word wrong.

Reactions: PvP
Reaction Score
One item caught my ear and eye -- she doesn't get as many assists as Liv did. Just as Bri says this, however, the background video shows Ice grabbing rebounds that she immediately throws down the court for fast breaks. She did this a few times on Team USA too. No assists to be had this way, but you can see it's a thing she's alert to, and it will fit into the UConn style just fine. I suspect this is one of the things Geno was thinking of when he said she'd do great things for us right away.

Reaction Score
One item caught my ear and eye -- she doesn't get as many assists as Liv did. Just as Bri says this, however, the background video shows Ice grabbing rebounds that she immediately throws down the court for fast breaks. She did this a few times on Team USA too. No assists to be had this way, but you can see it's a thing she's alert to, and it will fit into the UConn style just fine. I suspect this is one of the things Geno was thinking of when he said she'd do great things for us right away.

Geno's comment months ago was that she could be very good at the high post this coming season and that he wanted to see her in the weight room this summer.

PvP

Reaction Score
Definitely agree...being alert to fast break opportunities will be vital because Nika almost never throws the ball across the mid stripe (roughly 1 time in 20 last year) choosing instead to dribble across the line only to pick up her dribble and beginning to look for passing chances, wasting opportunities for a traditional Husky strength--fast break points.

Reaction Score
Definitely agree...being alert to fast break opportunities will be vital because Nika almost never throws the ball across the mid stripe (roughly 1 time in 20 last year) choosing instead to dribble across the line only to pick up her dribble and beginning to look for passing chances, wasting opportunities for a traditional Husky strength--fast break points.
Yup, after Paige it was only Evina who threw the long pass two years ago. Last year Caroline picked up the slack, looking for runners on the break. Ice will be an excellent addition to this aspect of our game.

Reaction Score
From the video she looks like she will be able to handle Boston. She has the size and bulk to compete. From this video, I see our defense as having improved. I believe we are in good shape.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
Ice and Ayanna give me the tandem of Napheesa & Gabby vibes. By mid season we hopefully will have a nice healthy rotation with Edwards, Brady and Patterson. It will be interesting to what are spacing will look like this year now that we appear to be a little more athletic at the 4 spot.

Reaction Score
E461B206-8B86-457A-839E-83F3637C206B.jpeg
DA8B33D5-244F-4827-A71F-75CD522A83F8.jpeg

Reaction Score
ok ok I can where Ice will be the reason that Vanilla Ice and his music will make a comeback as his number one song will be her theme song. The record company should sign her to a NIL contract now !!!

Reaction Score
Pretty nice video of Ms. Brady. Looking forward to watching her skills develop over the years.

Reaction Score
I'm not concerned about the assist numbers. Give those to Dorka or Aaliyah. Ice Brady should be the target for passes this year. She is a supreme rebounder, her offensive game is insane and she takes up so much space on the court. I think she is the first post sub off the bench

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom