UConnWBB to Face Florida State in HOF Showcase (Dec 18) | The Boneyard

UConnWBB to Face Florida State in HOF Showcase (Dec 18)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Non-conference schedule so far:

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland (not confirmed)

Neutral

Florida State
PK-85 (UConn in bracket with Duke, Iowa and Oregon State)

Am I missing any?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland (not confirmed)

Neutral

Florida State

Am I missing any?
Our out of conference schedule (OOC) will be much more exciting, and a better gauge of our team's potential than conference opponents. If our newbies can handle themselves against our OOC opponents, and our returning player s can play up to their anticipated potential, our Big East opponents had better beware. Each of of these programs will present their own challenge to UConn, and will be a very good test for our girls.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland (not confirmed)

Neutral

Florida State

Am I missing any?
I think UConn is allowed 2 more non-conference games to be scheduled.

The PK-85 is a qualifying multi-team event in which UConn will play 2 games.

Reaction Score
Cool! Let's hope that Dorka and Caroline are HEALLLLLLLTHY
come November.

1653558183673.png

Reaction Score
I wonder if he scheduled this game with one eye on recruiting in Florida.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland (not confirmed)

Neutral

Florida State

Am I missing any?
I believe the Maryland series begins the following season (23-24) on the road.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I believe the Maryland series begins the following season (23-24) on the road.
Brenda apparently said at a recent fan event that they were hosting UConn during the upcoming season. Where was it reported that the series would start in 23-24?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I wonder if he scheduled this game with one eye on recruiting in Florida.
FL has never been much of a recruiting hotbed for UConn WBB. The Huskies have played the Seminoles several times under former HC Sue Semrau who just retired. I give credit to new FSU HC Brooke Wykoff who’s willing to step right up to the challenge of facing a national power like UConn in her first season in Tallahassee.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Cool! Let's hope that Dorka and Caroline are HEALLLLLLLTHY
come November.

.................................... View attachment 76581
Right now, that is the BIGGEST and main concern for ALL of our returning players is to report to that first practice in a little over 3.5 months from now as close to 100% healthy as they can. No restrictions. Everyone can go full throttle. Then they can go about working on team and individual drills. The newbies can continue to learn as much as they can as fast as they can from the players and coaches about the system and how Geno expects it to be run.

We have 3 new players coming in this year. We need at least 2 of them to be able to hit the ground running (and be in that 9 player core group rotation) that first game in November. That means understand the system/their new teammates well enough to play meaningful minutes and make SIGNIFICANT contributions on BOTH ends of the court for 40 minutes. By significant contributions I mean MAKE PLAYS.!! Don't defer to upper class teammates. If you can make the play, MAKE IT!!! Since it looks like Geno is not going to bring another BIG from the portal, he and the staff must feel confident with what they already have. In Geno I trust.

That means they feel Dorka, Amari and Isuneh (Brady) and maybe Ayanna (on occasion) can meet the challenge the post position will demand this season. Reports previously received here in the yard said that Ayanna Patterson can guard positions 1-5. Maybe she can. If she can do so in practice or pick up games....great. It would also be wonderful if Aubrey can return to her prior level of playing defense. Scoring points will certainly help win games for UConn. Being able to limit their opponents ability to score will also.

Reaction Score
I think Geno wants the 23/24 season to be especially tough. The team will be loaded with upperclassmen and COULD have the best guards in wcbb history.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
Tickets to the HOF Showcase games on December 18 are on sale already for season ticket holders. $47 per ticket lower level, $25 per ticket upper level. Also a $10 handling charge.

Aside from specifying upper or lower, you can`t pick your seats. They will be assigned based on priority points, which in my case are in short supply.

Mohegan Sun is a good venue, and these games should be fun. UConn gave Louisville a close game last year even though Paige, Azzi and Nika were all out with injuries. Caroline was awesome.

Reaction Score
Tickets to the HOF Showcase games on December 18 are on sale already for season ticket holders. $47 per ticket lower level, $25 per ticket upper level. Also a $10 handling charge.

Aside from specifying upper or lower, you can`t pick your seats. They will be assigned based on priority points, which in my case are in short supply.

Mohegan Sun is a good venue, and these games should be fun. UConn gave Louisville a close game last year even though Paige, Azzi and Nika were all out with injuries. Caroline was awesome.

I ordered that way last year, on the 1st day offerred. My lower level seats were in the back of a corner. The uppers I ordered were much better seats. I guess there were about 5000 season ticketholders with more points. Now I agree that Mohegan is a great basketball arena but the back of a corner is not where I expected to be sitting. Just a forewarning.

Carnac

Reaction Score
I think Geno wants the 23/24 season to be especially tough. The team will be loaded with upperclassmen and COULD have the best guards in wcbb history.
It will be!!! Have you seen their pre-season schedule so far. All top ranked D1 opponents. Not a Cupcake among 'em. :cool:

Reaction Score
It will be!!! Have you seen their pre-season schedule so far. All top ranked D1 opponents. Not a Cupcake among 'em. :cool:

Maryland? :rolleyes:

I was talking about 2 years ahead. Geno will want to show off his AA guards all over the country.

Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone received an email about purchasing tickets for the HOF game. I didn't. I went on to the UConn site and scrolled down to the article on the HOF game and in there was a link to purchase tickets.

While we are talking tickets, I recently renewed my XL season tickets. A seat donation was tacked on. Question, does this donation satisfy the donation requirement to maintain my (meager) priority points or is a separate donation required? I suppose I could call UConn. Seat donations are relatively new for UConn WBB.

FairView

Mad Man
Reaction Score
I bought my tix last night. Went lower level, but considering my priority points, perhaps I should have gone upper. Time will tell.

Reaction Score
I was hoping UConn would get Iowa State. Tougher opposition

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don't know if anyone received an email about purchasing tickets for the HOF game. I didn't. I went on to the UConn site and scrolled down to the article on the HOF game and in there was a link to purchase tickets.

While we are talking tickets, I recently renewed my XL season tickets. A seat donation was tacked on. Question, does this donation satisfy the donation requirement to maintain my (meager) priority points or is a separate donation required? I suppose I could call UConn. Seat donations are relatively new for UConn WBB.

I was told yes.

I found the season ticket renewal package unclear on that point, and it sounds like you would agree.

The rep told me that a larger donation would improve one`s ranking within the "Husky" group.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom