UConnWBB at Maryland, Sunday Dec 11 | The Boneyard

UConnWBB at Maryland, Sunday Dec 11

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I mentioned in an earlier thread that the Huskies will likely play at Maryland during the upcoming season. Here it is. The reference to College Park is that UConn Baseball defeated the #1 (regional) seed Maryland last night to advance to the NCAA Super Regionals.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
To recap

Non-conference schedule so far:

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland

Neutral

Florida State
PK-85 (UConn in bracket with Duke, Iowa and Oregon State)

Reaction Score
A gift for me too. A trip to College Park is about as easy as I can get for seeing a game. Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!
ren and stimpy nicksplat GIF

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Some @stamfordhusky here know the NCAA rules better than I do but I believe UConnWBB is allowed 2 more games.

The NCAA rules allows "29 contests (games or scrimmages) and one qualifying regular-season multiple-team event (see Bylaw 17.4.5.2.1) that does not exceed two contests per team." I think a private scrimmage against another Div 1 team is exempt from the 29 contests.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not
To recap

Non-conference schedule so far:

Home

Texas
South Carolina
NC State

Away

Notre Dame
Tennessee
Maryland

Neutral

Florida State
PK-85 (UConn in bracket with Duke, Iowa and Oregon State)
Not a soft spot anywhere in the schedule so far. I like it. Every one of those teams should make the tournament. They all did last year. We won't have to wait 3-4 games into the season for a formidable opponent to see what we’ve got. We’ll get one coming out of the gate.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Glad to see Geno getting Paige a homecoming game in case she turns pro after this season.
This was not scheduled as a homecoming game for Paige. This series was supposed to start 2 years ago but was delayed because of Covid. I'm not sure where Paige's father lives but UConn plays at Georgetown every year.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Terps will also play South Carolina at home. That's two losses before the season even started before the Terps.
Maybe, but you have to beat the best if you want to be the best. From my perspective Maryland is showing its commitment to compete at the highest level.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
This was not scheduled as a homecoming game for Paige. This series was supposed to start 2 years ago but was delayed because of Covid. I'm not sure where Paige's father lives but UConn plays at Georgetown every year.

I believe that Bob lives in Clarksburg, MD.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The OC schedule has certainly stepped up this year. I hope we can keep a healthy team on the hardwood this year and the newbies surprise us with their contributions.

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Glad to see Geno getting Paige a homecoming game in case she turns pro after this season.
If they’re going to organize a homecoming game for Paige, Geno is calling Lindsay Whaley and getting them to Minnesota.

And The Barn will sell out.

Hell, they could move it to the Target center and it would sell out, too.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
This is going to be the most challenging schedule that we have had in years. Five of our opponents are in the "way too early top 10 ", and if we end up playing Iowa in the PK classic, it will be 6. That leaves only 3 teams in the top ten that we will not be playing. This is great, great, great, I love it. I'm just wondering why Louisville is not on the schedule, Jeff has always liked playing us, and I actually am a fan of his. Hopefully its just a pause and they will be on our schedule next year. On second thought, there may not be room unless we play them in the Hall of Fame game.

Reaction Score
Excellent news! As a DMV resident, the only closer game for me would be Georgetown! Fingers crossed no Covid-cancelation next season for that Georgetown game in DC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom