UConn's Walking Wounded | The Boneyard

UConn's Walking Wounded

Reaction Score
The list of serious injuries that UConn women are dealing with seems pretty long.

Piath Gabriel- intestinal surgery, still recovering
Saylor Poffenbarger- stress fracture in vertebrae. Decided against surgery
Paige Bueckers- surgery on ankle, hasn't fully recovered
Nika Muhl-ankle injury incurred early in the NCAA tournament. Yet to fully recover
Caroline Ducharme- previous injuries include torn labrum, ACL tear
Azzi Fudd- sprained her foot and wore walking boot through April. Follows ACL and MCL tears in high school

Not sure if I've missed any...? Hoping all recover completely and quickly.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don’t think UConn WBB is unusual in either the number or severity of injuries/surgery the team is dealing with during the off-season. More importantly, everyone should be 100% by Fall.

It’s my understanding that by the end of summer workouts Caroline, Azzi & Nika were full go. Paige and Piath have made significant progress and should be at 100% when they return in September.

From what I am hearing, only Saylor may have a longer road back. Hopefully, she’s ready by the start of the season.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
The list of serious injuries that UConn women are dealing with seems pretty long.

Nika Muhl-ankle injury incurred early in the NCAA tournament. Yet to fully recover
Azzi Fudd- sprained her foot and wore walking boot through April. Follows ACL and MCL tears in high school

Wow, I'm really scared now. Maybe we should see if Autumn is available to come back just in case we run out of capable players.

Reaction Score

I must disagree with Caroline being on this list. Those are older injuries that she is not dealing with anymore.

Reaction Score

you forgot Griffin, ONO and Westbrook who've all had knee injuries..........UConn has been good, lucky or both in the rare recurrences of injury from their players.....

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
ACL tears in women recur all the time. Ask Shea. She had four.
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

Don't do that. Don't ever do that.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ACL tears in women recur all the time. Ask Shea. She had four.
While repeat ACL injuries can occur, over the past 20 years sports medicine has gotten much better at preventing them. Advanced microsurgery has reduced post-surgical trauma. Improved rehabilitation and training procedures have accelerated recovery and dramatically limited recurring injuries.

Reaction Score
:eek: Maybe be we should combine this wet blanked thread with the one that is predicting there will not be enough minutes to go around. Unbelievable! Caroline's ACL was from May 2017!

Exactly my reaction. And kudos to all these young women who work so hard to get themselves ready for a very stressful game. Perhaps the human body wasn't made to do some of the physical gyrations we see in every contest (and practice). Pushing to the limit brings risk, but still they persevere. Gotta love 'em.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
This is why discussions of playing time is moot. A large factor in playing time will be player's health at any given time in the season.

Reaction Score
Also Mir was on crutches last video I saw. She has some tendinitis I believe

Reaction Score
Wow, I'm really scared now. Maybe we should see if Autumn is available to come back just in case we run out of capable players.
and "Dr. Autumn", besides serving as acting Head Coach during timeouts, holding Geno's clipboard, she can serve as student medical assistant, helping with "all these numerous and troublesome" injuries. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom