UConn's value within Connecticut | The Boneyard

UConn's value within Connecticut

Reaction Score
OK, so a lot of football program stuff has me thinking about this. Specific to the NIL. UConn basketball is a national program so as a national program the players will get national attention and national advertisement deals and things like that. Football is often far more regional unless you're a top heisman talent. The struggle for UConn football to find money makes me ask.

What is the value of UConn within Connecticut as a brand?

Clearly its pretty strong but it isn't as strong as other state universities and I'm not talking the massive ones like Michigan and Ohio State. You have auto dealers at some schools who want to be associated with the name and brand for their football team they're doing free truck leases and full on wraps. Now, granted that's Utah and a high ranked program. So maybe it is a matter of viability. However, people talk about football and needing to focus on the within state talent and so on. This also gets to the topic of AAU and university funding. The state could be doing more to invest as occurs in other states, I think? How self-sufficient are those schools especially in the process to get to their status?

Writ large my question is, what does UConn need to do to raise the brand value within the state? Can it do anything? I get back to the truck thing. OK, football ain't that great but if UConn had a strong brand overall would it matter that much? A player driving a vehicle attached to the dealership with its branding would be good association value. Does football have to drive the brand value or can the school be making more inroads within state leveraging off of the basketball team?

Just thoughts i wanted to go on a different line that I didn't want to post to the football board.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
We need to ramp up our donations. We have done that recently but 28 million for the athletic department in a year is not enough.

Next year needs to be 35 million, and within 3 years we need to be over 50 million in donations.

We need to offer multiple high school teams free tickets to FCS/G5 home games. They still have to pay for parking and concessions. Support starts at the youth level. If we do this, we get more people in the seats and at least make the parking and concession money and we may gain fans for life.

We need to advertise more in lower Fairfield county. UConn football is a nothing burger down there. UConn basketball even doesn’t have the hold down there that we think it does.

I work in Fairfield. Only a few other people I work with are UConn basketball fans, and I’m one of two people who cares about UConn football.
Most people don’t care about college football in Fairfield county. There is an opening there.

Reaction Score
We need to offer multiple high school teams free tickets to FCS/G5 home games. They still have to pay for parking and concessions. Support starts at the youth level. If we do this, we get more people in the seats and at least make the parking and concession money and we may gain fans for life.
They do it at least once annually - not sure anymore if there are any recruiting restrictions for more than once a year.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr
Top Bottom