UConn's "trying not to lose" philosophy not getting it done (Fuller) | The Boneyard

UConn's "trying not to lose" philosophy not getting it done (Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns-trying-not-to-lose-philosophy.html

>>With all due to respect to Newsome, Johnson, linebacker Luke Carrezola, tight end Alec Bloom and cornerback Jamar Summers, who each seem to have incredibly bright futures, the most important members among the 20-member true freshman class could be Ryan Crozier, Dan Oak and Trey Rutherford.

As of right now no true offensive linemen are among the incoming recruits so it appears as if the Huskies are proceeding with the group of offensive linemen they currently have. Sophomores Andreas Knappe and Richard Levy figure to be the starting tackles moving forward but UConn will need to replace center Alex Mateas and guard Gus Cruz and I would expect Crozier, Oak and Rutherford to be at the top of the list of candidates.

Crozier and Rutherford have gotten into every game this season and haven't looked out of place while Oak drew praise from Diaco at Tuesday's press conference for his development. While there are still six games to play, it is already time to look towards the future and if UConn wants to have any chance at success, it simply must fix the offensive line issues especially with games coming up against American Athletic Conference front runners East Carolina and Central Florida.<<

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Time to get back to work. Time to get better, get stronger, get faster. Time to study more and prepare more efficiently. Time to learn your job and the job of the guy next to you. Time to test yourself and your team in practice, to challenge them and yourself to focus every play, to be perfect every play and when your not recognize it and work harder to fix it. Because the results don't lie and if anyone is remotely thinking that they are not part of the problem, then they should do everyone a favor and step to the side and allow someone with the desire to be a champion take their place. Whether it is in weight room, film room, training table, or on the field, get busy or get the flip out because winning and championships are not talked about at UConn they are achieved.

Reaction Score
I hope the players are disgusted, and I hope it causes some scuffles during practice. We need a nasty streak. The D Line has it. The O Line needs it.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I hope the players are disgusted, and I hope it causes some scuffles during practice. We need a nasty streak. The D Line has it. The O Line needs it.
A nasty streak is not a substitute for competence. Get competent first, then add the nasty streak or whatever.

Reaction Score
There's no reason to not play Crozier and Rutherford for the entire 2nd half of the year. No reason whatsoever.

Boyle, I've given up trying to figure out what Diaco's plan is and frankly, I'd be shocked at this point if he returns. If he does leave, I wouldn't blame him one bit, cause the staff has handled him about as poorly as you possibly can.

Reaction Score
A nasty streak is not a substitute for competence. Get competent first, then add the nasty streak or whatever.

IMO, a player has a nasty streak or they don't for lack of a better term. This isn't something that is learned or taught. Some players are just tough nasty and some aren't.

Reaction Score
This season is lost but I would not burn Oak's shirt at this point as we have three freshmen linemen who are our top three back-ups and played OK when given a chance and since you are not sure anyone coming in who can play as a true freshmen you want some continuity as far as eligibility in each class. Crozier was a center in high school. I would play him and Bockeloh the rest of the way to figure out who my center of the future is. Since Hopkins played some left guard have him go in for Cruz and Rutherford get action at either Samra's spot who after coming in from top high school program (Bosco) and three years here is as developed as he will get and has struggled along with all the O line starters get or at tackle as both Levy and Knappe while having upside have not shown much so might as well see if Rutherford might be a better option.

Reaction Score
This season is lost but I would not burn Oak's shirt at this point as we have three freshmen linemen who are our top three back-ups and played OK when given a chance and since you are not sure anyone coming in who can play as a true freshmen you want some continuity as far as eligibility in each class. Crozier was a center in high school. I would play him and Bockeloh the rest of the way to figure out who my center of the future is. Since Hopkins played some left guard have him go in for Cruz and Rutherford get action at either Samra's spot who after coming in from top high school program (Bosco) and three years here is as developed as he will get and has struggled along with all the O line starters get or at tackle as both Levy and Knappe while having upside have not shown much so might as well see if Rutherford might be a better option.

No more redshirts should be burned.

Reaction Score
Yep and in between job interviews Warde needs to send that message to the Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members